Did The Elders Try To "Police" You??

by minimus 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Balsam
    Balsam

NeonMadman,

I had to laugh about yours experience. There was a 20 year old pioneer brother who was always eager to take my sons out in the door to door work. Well I was suspicious of him but he proved harmless thank goodness. Well what it turned out to be is he wanted to have fun, so he would take them to malls or Walmart shopping and let them buy toys or something with the money I gave them. Or he would take them for ice cream, or just killing time riding around pretending to do return visits between breaks. Well my sons then 13,10,8 thought this was great fun. Said that was the best times they ever had in field service. Even now their grown they talk about the fun times with David. No he never laid a hand on them, he was just trying to pretend to pioneer to keep up apprearences. He said the adults were just too boring to go out with. They also would visit his worldly friends and their families under the pretence of preaching. When their Dad or I went it was not as fun, but David would try to add a little fun to it for the boys. The kids in the congregations loved him, he was just a kid at heart

Actually it was this odd pioneer that introduced my oldest son the the first girl my son had crush on and she was a worldly girl. It was one of many small steps out of the witnesses. Funny thing is my sons and I are out, but he is still in. Still looking for a simi JW wife. He is a bit odd, but nice guy. David had others go with them that didn't mind the goofing off, usually other teens who were Aux. pioneering for the summer. But he was selective in who he let in on his little secret pioneer trips. They would go out spend all day and perhaps only spend one hour preaching. They even went to a carnival one time, counted time they gave magazines to the people working in it. I once talked to him about it, but didn't have the heart to tell the Elders, my kids liked him so much. Hey counting say 8 hrs and only doing 1 hrs of preaching wasn't bad idea. LOL

Balsam

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

There was a talk once. THe brother said "well brothers you know how some of us are stubborn thinking we could make our own way with out an education what do we do now that our wives are making more than us buying their own cars and clothes. We made our bed we gotta lay in it." He went into the bible about a capable wife.

Maybe it works for other elders but in our hall all the elders wifes mostly make sunday because they work late or take night classes.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Yes, Minimus I am a MS. When the overseer comes over for a week the whole congregation makes face (MS and Elders are to be in service all week! I on the other hand am Unemployed and will not play their game!). Saturday and Sunday service is FULL.

On the bright side I have saved some money and am looking into buying a franchise! Will the elders and elderettes tell me/wife about the "materialistic traps of this world?". When my MS friend bought a business, was at dire straights for 5 years, but on his 6th started making real money he bought his first house on a nice neighborhood. when he invited an elder over to eat, the elder sarcastically said "you have the american flag missing"! what a bastard!

I could care less, everything they say is false, my wife still believes in them 'cause of the family but saves good for retirement's sake!

• RR
    RR

Towards my last year, they tried to monitor my every activity. Calling me up just about everyday. They wold ask to see me at the hall, sometimes late in the evenings, usually after 10. They would even follow me in the morning to see if I was doing mass mailings of apostate literature.

And in the end, they had our closes friends spy on us. Oh well .... they never found anything and it aggravated them to no end. When I stepped down, they stoppd bothering me.

RR

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Stepping down is another thing: They rather you step down then take you off under "certain" circumstances. I have seen 2 MS & 1 elder do this

• RR
    RR

The interesting thing is ... I use to walk around with my resignation letter in my jacket pocket, and when they aggravated me I was tempted to hand it to them and tell them to go take a hike. But I didn't. Then one evening, I saw what it was doing to my family and I handed it to them and walked away. They didn't even try to contact me and discuss it.

I handed it in on a Tuesday, that Thursday they announced it, but I had told everyone I was stepping down so they wouldn't be shocked or in the event they elders decided to say I was deleted.

We hung out for a few months sporadically, going on long vacations and when we came back we left for another hall, but it started all over again within a few weks of attending so we just left altogether. They tried to contact us but we blew thjem off ... that was some 12 years ago.

RR

• Fire Dragon
    Fire Dragon

I got df'd in Feb 2002 and haven't been contacted by a single elder. My dad is an elder and he doesn't even call me to invite me to the Memorial! I'm not complaining, but it would be nice if they even faked missing me.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Mimi old man-

I policed my local elders........ nothin they fear more than a "angry man with a bible"....And for the record I've disfellowshiped THEM....

Doesnt the good book teach that "marking' is really a matter of distancing ones self fom hurtful influences? I got on my horse and rode away.... They never had power over me... I just sorta liked having a "religion" and when I realized they were not in my Best spiritual intrest.. the rest is as they say, "history".

Hill (why do you think I hang out with you guys class)

• minimus
    minimus

If the elders were on to any type of pioneer, they'd realize that they do more than "round off". To publically reprove someone for this has to be an exaggeration.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Minimus, did you ever hear of the "pioneer strut"

you go to 1st house, and spend 50 minutes slandering everyone and everything before you get to house 2, repeat "strut" for house 3

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit