Did The Elders Try To "Police" You??

by minimus 20 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

There are some that seem to have been bothered by the meddlesome elders and their constant inquiries. Were you one of those that the elders were always checking on???

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Let me tell you about my situation:

I work and my wife, when we had our children the elders and elderettes were telling us "why is your wife working?" "can't you make it on one income" I shrugged them politely!

As of now I'm layed off and my wifes income keeps our family alive!

Last night at the "C.O./Elders/MS" meeting he was teaching us how to convince a brother to to what they tried to fo to me! I felt like screaming "you wanna know what this suggestion would have done to me!" but I took it like a man! they explain "always sweeten the suggestion with praises first, then hit them with the request"

What a bunch of inconsiderate tules!

• minimus
    minimus

DaCheech, are you a MS?........If we listened to all of their Bible-based counsel, we would have no insurance, no real job, no LIFE!

• blondie
    blondie

Whadda think?

Only the stupid ones tried. Even they were smart enough to do it only once.

Blondie

• minimus
    minimus

Elders' wives get special dispensation though!

• Englishman
    Englishman

There was no such thing as elders in my dub years.

Englishman.

• minimus
    minimus

"Congregation Servant", right EMan?

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

I had an elder follow me around for a while when I was pioneering trying to establish that I wasn't putting in my hours. I finally confessed that I had been "rounding off" my hours sometimes, reporting 100 when I had only put in 95 or 96. I was publicly reproved.

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

Yes they tried to police me. I told those bastards more than once to get a life.

• blondie
    blondie
    Elders' wives get special dispensation though!

But, min, I was not an elders' wife much longer than I was; I never got bothered as an elder's wife; they bothered my husband, the cowards!

Believe me, once I had quietly and meekly motivated an elder to lose his cool in front of his peers or worse yet, the rank and file, they stayed away.

The unwritten rule is that the elders must bother the husbandly head, not the wife directly, because that would be usurping his headship. They had already learned when I was single sister, to stay away.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit