How Do You Regard Yourself?

by minimus 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Not happy, trying to be. I am still going thru the painful process of realizing I was a member of a cult for 30 years

Codeblue: That feeling will come and go for a long time. It's been 7 years for us and I do believe we are over it. Finally. The anger and guilt and shame would come and go for years though.

I feel good about myself, except that I need to lose 40 pounds. Otherwise, very happy and content.

• Survivor2004
    Survivor2004

I feel very good about myself UNTIL I get around a JW(like when they come to my door) then the GUILT kicks in.

When they are not around Im happy.

• christopherrobin
    christopherrobin

Very well--------------how many people come out of drugs, alcohol, cults, bad relationships, disfunctional families and still love the genuine ones around them now and even some of those who, while decieved, were still good people still in the witness club-----knowing that in time they will hopefully see the light and be able to move on. I might have '"wasted time'" w/ the JW's, but it was priceless education !!!!!!!!!!!!!

KUDOS TO ALL OF YOU WHO CAN APPRECIATE YOUR NEW FREEDOM AND FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!

• RR
    RR

I'm one sick puppy! Born and raised! Can't blame that on the Society.

• christopherrobin
    christopherrobin

By the way--I was not saying I have been through all of the vices mentioned in my post two levels up--I was just making a point in general!

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

You ask the tough questions, don't you Min? hmmmm .. having grown up in an environment where I was always piushed to do more, it's hard to overlook my faults. People compliment me on some of the things that I do, but when I look at those things, I generally see only the mistakes that I made or the parts that I would like to have improved. I don't look down on myself, per se, but I do continually push myself to do more and to do better. Failure is not an option.

• bem
    bem

At least happy about where I am now compared to say, five months ago.When I was struggling to have my own thoughts.

Not looking down on myself lately...Encouraging myself to stay strong.Livestrong.

Feeling very good about myself lately.Very good about positive choices I've made.Ready to follow through on positive convictions and choices.Determened to help myself and others when I can.

But *sigh* I do have things to work on I'm a work in progress

• blondie
    blondie

Well, I feel pretty good about myself and where I am. I might wish for better health but I am adapting. In spite of what my reviews might indicate, my anger is long gone. That's because I was leaving mentally long before I finally walked out the door. I grew up in an abusive household and I have taken each layer and dealt with it, sexual, emotional, verbal, and spiritual.

Instead of seeing myself through the eyes of others, measuring myself by the multitudinous opinions of 6,000,000 plus JWs, I just ask myself, is that how I would like to be treated. Do I still have moments of righteous indignation, sure, but it doesn't consume me. I turn it into something positive and productive if I can.

Blondie

• minimus
    minimus

It is good to see how we are all trying to make progress in life outside the Watchtower. Maintaining a positive attitude about yourself is necessary in order to enjoy life!!!!

• RR
    RR

I'm demented, but you all knew that!

RR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit