IF MARTIN LUTHER WAS A JW AS WT CLAIMS

by badboy 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

As a Lutheran, im offfended.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

It's true. Everyone knew about Brother Abraham Lincoln...I think he was a branch overseer....I even took a picture of his office when I went on the branch tour....

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

The Watchtower Society may claim Arius, Waldo, Wycliffe and Luther, but the question is would they claim the Watchtower?

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

I have raised that very argument with my (still) JW wife. I've asked..."Who says that like the nation of Israel, the JW's wouldn't lose god's approval? Why wouldn't he switch horses at some point? According to doctrine, he has before."

That one actually got the answer of "well, if that's the case, I'd like to think I'm intelligent enough to switch too."

Ern

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Actually if the bible shows anything it is that God does not have an organization. He has people he gets infatuated with and then the humans around them get greedy and either wana mooch off their relationship with god or kill the person.

• Alleymom
    Alleymom

I remember seeing a page with pictures of the "seven messengers". Luther was one of the seven messengers --- Russell was the seventh.

• badboy
    badboy

Alleymom,where was this?

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Leo,

You're sure that's not Brother Booth? Oh, I'm sorry. Wrong Booth. Brother Joseph Booth, not John Wilkes Booth.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

If Martin Luther was a JW, than I'm the Pope. Martin Luther wanted to reform the church, not destroy it and he continued to believe in the Trinity, an immortal soul, hell, infant baptism, church holidays and feasts, etc. which hardly classify him as a JW.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    Martin Luther wanted to reform the church, not destroy it and he continued to believe in the Trinity, an immortal soul, hell, infant baptism, church holidays and feasts, etc. which hardly classify him as a JW.

Well, that explains it, he must have turned apostate from too much internet surfing...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit