JW SINGLES site shut down due to GUILT!

by Survivor2004 56 Replies latest jw friends

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

This is a cop out. I and others have had corespodance with the watchtower. They only two sites they endorse are watchtower.org and jw-media.org. They (due to legal reasons) give no oppinion on sites not owned by them and tell you to use your discretion while surfing the internet. So the old men in brooklyn have nothing to do with it. Who ever this guy is he is probally in trouble with his locals.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I know a few of us have been at it for a while.

Will

Aren't you married yet, Will?

Ann, being single as a JW is hell and many, many JWs marry the wrong person just so they can be married. I was one of them and after 20 years my mostly unhappy marriage broke up. Now, I have a much happier relationship with a worldly guy. He treats me better and there's none of the headship issues.

Flyin'

• gumby
    gumby
    They (due to legal reasons) give no oppinion on sites not owned by them and tell you to use your discretion while surfing the internet. So the old men in brooklyn have nothing to do with it. Who ever this guy is he is probally in trouble with his locals.

That's right dubs.....the Watchtower never gives you any warnings, or council, or ever has any articles in the KM or Watchtower about the dangers of the internet and being cautious about Apostate sites..........so you go right ahead and feel free to browse and "use your own discretion where you want to surf on the net".

Nice one again there XQ....right on the button!

Gumby

• Sassy
    Sassy

I was on that site for a short while when it first opened up before I met my 2nd husband (the asshole- ex husband)

Brian was a nice guy.. too bad they put the guilt on him to close the site

• shamus
    shamus

I recall making up a fake alias and having a good laugh, until my conscience got to me. It was a pretty ignorant thing to do, although it was still quite funny.

It is too bad that they have to shut it down. How else can they meet?

Anyhow, enough said. It is a real lonely existence being a Jehovahs Witness and being single. Just more strain on the 'sheep'.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    All of the friends are tired and are struggling just to make it to meetings instead of staying home with a headache or working a little late.Be upbuilding to each other ,help to show love amongst ourselves and continue to walk with God until the end.

Good grief, why don't JWs get a clue that constantly being so exhausted is not healthy. It breaks down the immune system. It happened to our little family and it happened to so many others. We would get every kind of infection. It was terrible. I am much healthier now.

Flyin'

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Im very glad to say that an old friend of mine from a congregation in Maryland met a wonderful sister from California.After months of phone calls and trips and bible studies over the phone,they were married.Both are extremely happy with their new mates

Yikes,what a waste of valuable dirty talk time!!

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

While this JW SINGLES may be shutting down, others are still doing well it appears...I received this in my email address this today .

Subject: JWconnections Special Announcement

Dear Members: As you may or may not have heard, JWconnections is going to be re-launched as a new service with new features and functionality. I am writing you today to confirm that these rumors are true. At this point, we hope to re-launch JWconnections as a new service on or before September 1. We will be sending a detailed email to you in the middle of August outlining the new features of the site as well as other important account information. The new JWconnections will be unlike any online dating site. You will not be disappointed with the new and exciting features on the new JWconnections. I can assure you, the new service is unique and the features on the new site are not found on any other dating service on the Web. Stay tuned for details! -The JWconnections Team

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

That's really too bad!

Although I'm happily married at this time, I always thought a website for JW singles looking for mates was a great idea.

Perhaps in the near future someone with more guts will build a new website for JW singles to meet.

I've known of 2 couples that met and married through the JW singles website and they're thankful for it.

DY

• christopherrobin
    christopherrobin

What a crock!!!!--It semms it is OK to meet a deperate, single mate at assemblies, conventions or through connections with friends (and how many of these put on a front of spirituality, submission(females), or strong leadership qualities(males)--only to find out after marriage that these circumstances were not ideal for finding a true lifelong mate.

Then, along comes a site were you have the same chance of meeting someone. Whether they are good mate material is not the fault of the medium (whether it is the internet or typical JW hook up scenarios)-------and all of a sudden because the internet opens you up to more of a chance of learning things that are eye-opening, plus--they can't regulate what you are doing( and with who)--they claim they are only looking out for our best interests.

I could'nt begin to count how many nice, attractive, decent people are stuck in singlehood because their options are limited by these controlling methods!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit