JW Bethel Video - long version

by Esse quam videri 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Bethel - Doesn't it mean "house of God"?

All that worldly dancing going on in such a sacred place of worship sorry, business!

Such dancing anywhere would have landed Witnesses in trouble years ago - but at HQ???????

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle
    A lot of these people are the temporary workers at Warwick. I think this may be propaganda to get more people to sign up for the project.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

I'm waiting for the blurred lines bethel video...

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

This had to be a huge project. There is around 500 people dancing in this video (if one include people in bus and airplane). Of course this is very well planned. Some dancers seem to have practised at least a bit, like the cleaning girls. 

This is many many hours of work shooting and editing...of course it was permitted by the PR/Media people at Watchtower.

• cappytan
    cappytan

freemindfade:

Blurred Lines Bethel Video you say. I'd say, these videos show the lines being blurred between being a part of the world and not being a part of the world.

In that sense, Blurred Lines sounds very appropriate.

My question: will the Bethel Blurred Lines video have nude housekeepers dancing around while AMIII says "Hey hey hey..."?

• pontoon
    pontoon
    Who was this made for, who sees it? They use to have Bethel recruitment meetings at conventions for anyone interested, do they show it there?  
  • cappytan
    cappytan
    They use to have Bethel recruitment meetings at conventions for anyone interested, do they show it there?   

Hmmm...interesting point, pontoon. 

They don't currently use this at Bethel recruitment meetings, however I could see that as a possibility for putting this together. If you had asked me 10 years ago if that was a possibility, I would have laughed and said no.

But 10 years ago, all these people in this video would have been sent home like those Bethelites dressed in Zoot Suits were sent home for being in a GQ magazine article about the swing dancing movement in NYC.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse
    pontoon I know my JW mother in law sent  a google video link to all her family and friends 4 or so days ago with praises of this video they "must watch because it is great".
  • sir82
    sir82

with praises of this video they "must watch because it is great".

This is striking. How seamlessly JWs will go from "worldly music! dancing! bad! bad! bad!" to "worldly music! dancing! you must see these wonderful Bethelites!"

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

I am wondering if they had to pay royalties to use his song? If so then it had to be sponsored by the WT as non of those toilet bowl cleaner/window washers could afford it. 

As a youth I to had dreams of volunteering at bethel and now I am sure glad i didn't full fill those dreams because I would not be able to afford to retire now.  Don't forget this was all supposed to end in 1975.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit