are great crowd jehovah's witnesses?

by peacefulpete 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

"All who have taken their stand on the side of Jehovah must abide in his organization under Christ, if they would live. There is no exception to this rule...The name "Jehovah's Witnesses" applies specifically to God's annointed ones who have been taken out of the world and made witnesses for Jehovah, and these alone bear the new name. The official organization of Jehovah on earth consists of his annointed remnant, and the Jonadabs who walk with the annointed are to be taught but not be leaders." WT Aug 15 1934 pg 249

Interesting quote for many reasons isn't it. Notice they disenfranchised the Jonadabs by saying they are not 'Jehovah's Witnesses' and not part of his 'official organization' and can never have 'leader' positions because they are not 'annointed who have been taken out of the world' (ie..picked by God).

• garybuss
    garybuss

They are not part of the "new covenant" and they do not have the benefit of having Jesus as their mediator. They gain their salvation based on works and based on how they treat the "anointed" (Jehovah's Witnesses). They are not judged and they benefit from Christianity only by association, never directly. The 1,000 years is their purgatory. It's sort of like going to Vegas . . . if you play you have a chance to win . . . . but you may loose even if you play.

• blondie
    blondie

Reasoning from the past:

Isaiah 43:10-12 = Jehovah's witnesses = servant = literal Israelites

Galatians 6:16 = Israel of God = anointed Christians (only 144,000) = spiritual Israelites = faithful and discreet servant

Only 144,000 (remnant, anointed) = Jehovah's witnesses

The great crowd were considered "people of goodwill"

Blondie

• heathen
    heathen

Big deal , all you gotta do is eat a cracker and have a sip of wine once a year to be considered anointed . They aren't even claiming to be divinely inspired anymore . In other words shut up and do what we tell you no matter what .

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, it would have been quite strange for those "emerging" great crowd to be told that the are not "Jehovah's witnesses." If you think that witnesses who aren't anointed feel second class now, it was worse back then. Those who weren't anointed weren't even invited to the Memorial until 1938 (1935 identified great crowd....1938 first invited to Memorial...hmmm). It wasn't even thought necessary for the GC to be baptized. We take things for granted because it has been almost 70 years since Rutherford "identified" the GC as having an earthly destiny. But then everyone had a heavenly destiny. The few that didn't were definitely left out of everything. Unless you were anointed, you could not be an elder (servants back then).

Blondie

• RR
    RR

Actually this view was held into the 1950s, when KNorr changed the "w" to "W" and applied the term in its generic use, to all baptized members.

In the 1920 and 1930s, they use to advertise their conventions as "Jehovah's witnesses and their companions."

I knew some who were around in the 30s and they told me that at the meetings, they use to separate them in the hall. They actually use to rope off the anointed from the jonadabs.

RR

• heathen
    heathen

They still don't understand jack about any of it . It's all right there in their bible that they claim to read once a year during the theocratic ministry school .

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

I look at it the way the governing body would. The great crowd are not christians but like pagan prostylites that were allowed to live in the land.

I noticed an "anointing" of the great crowd recently. They in their comments in the meetings are claiming powers, positions, and privleges reserved for the anointed. I notice when you try to correct these slip ups they get offended or try to weasel out of their comment. They don't like being consider bystanders. On even asked "are you saying you are anointed?" I said "No I thought you were saying you were; by your comment."

• archangel01
    archangel01

Jesus said HE is the way , the life and the truth not a false org. that has only been around for a 100 years an has made one false pho. after another. According to scripture Deut. cha 18:22 they are under death!!!!!!!! Leave now while there is still time and know that the real Jesus is Almighty God in the Flesh...The God-Man. Accept Him an Live or stay in that false org. an die. Stick with Christ, He will Never Forsake You.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

*** Rbi8 Deuteronomy 18:20-22 ***

"?However, the prophet who presumes to speak in my name a word that I have not commanded him to speak or who speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet must die. 21 And in case you should say in your heart: "How shall we know the word that Jehovah has not spoken?" 22 when the prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah and the word does not occur or come true, that is the word that Jehovah did not speak. With presumptuousness the prophet spoke it. You must not get frightened at him.?

The watchtower is a document of corporation. Therefore they are an amaterial entity. How in heck does this scripture apply? Are we to storm some office building in new york, and rip up a piece of paper? BTW arent christian free from the rules of the OT?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit