They need MORE $$$$$

by TallTexan 21 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• TallTexan
    TallTexan

I haven't been to a meeting in years, but I was recently told by a friend of mine that they have really been hammering the 'use of your valuable things in support of the Kingdom' in many of the talks and Thursday night parts. Does anyone know of this? I know they used to mention it all the time, but he said it's gotten really bad lately. I told him that's because the membership in the Western (translate that to "richer"...lol) countries has really fallen off and even become negative in many countries and that the 3rd world countries can't contribute enough to support the great publishing empire. He seemed surprised - guess he doesn't read his Yearbook on a regular basis....or subscribe to this forum...lol.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Voting with one's money and feet... the ultimate form of Democracy!

It never ceases to amaze me how poor the all-powerful creator of everything is. He always seems to be broke and in need of some quick cash... just like that annoying looser relative we all have.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

LOL Elsewhere!!!! (You're so funny!)

Yeah, TT, I've seen this referred to on another board I'm on a lot. It seems like it's really becoming very noticable! Just MORE guilt and MORE aggravation, huh?

Annie

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Watchtower $ociety 'creed of greed'.

alt Magic Wand Fairy Danny sez: The WT$ fairy follows the money trail and sprinkles the "new light" fairy dust along the path. Click the 'ca$h cow' learn more about WT$ creed of greed: $ 200 billion in WT$ real estate a$$et$ Gold Coins

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Every one of the six announcements at the District Convention began with instructions on how to donate, how to get a receipt, and why donating is important. At the 2003 DC, there was a one hour talk on the subject.

To quote George Carlin:

But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money! Religion takes in billions of dollars, they pay no taxes, and they always need a little more. Now, you talk about a good bullshit story. Holy Shit!

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

It never ceases to amaze me how poor the all-powerful creator of everything is.

Yeah, I know. Why doesn't Jehovah cause manna money to fall down from heaven and land on WT property?

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

Talk about BS. The funny thing is they talk like they are doing you a favor giving you a chance to give them money.

• TallTexan
    TallTexan

Nosferatu:

Yeah, I know. Why doesn't Jehovah cause manna money to fall down from heaven and land on WT property?

Good point...lol. If it really were the ONE true organization, you'd think that Jehovah would take care of them no matter how much or how little the R&F 'donate'. It's funny to think that "God's only representation here on earth" would have to worry about going out of business because they're running low on funds. Didn't he say that if man didn't preach that 'even the stones would cry out'? Maybe those stones could start spitting out some cash...

Also interesting point (can't remember who posted it) that the announcements at the DC were so pointedly trying to get donations. I don't remember that. It used to be that the contribution boxes were enough. My dad used to be over accounting at the Houston DC's (when they were the BIG ones in the Astrodome) and I used to hang out in there some while they were counting the money. It was amazing how much cash flowed through that place. And we got the rent free for doing some other things for the Dome during the year.

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar
    Yeah, I know. Why doesn't Jehovah cause manna money to fall down from heaven and land on WT property

But he does....in the form of 6 million loyal members who happily donate (what should be their retirement plans) to the WTBTS.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Remember how they used to PRIDE themselves on never passing the collection plate or asking for $? Well, they may as well do that now instead of making fools of themselves and begging for it. Just be quiet about it and pass around the plate! <scoff>

Nothing separates them from the money-grubbing corporate whore religions of the nations now... Sure, churches need money to operate. I can see where they would ask their membership for funds.. but not when they're double-dipping and hoodwinking their membership at the same time.

Country Girl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit