What other scams do people fall for?

by sleepy 19 Replies latest jw friends

• sleepy
    sleepy

What other scams apart from religion do people fall for? I think a lot of so called alternative medicines could be put under the label of scam including homeopathy, crystal healing, aromatherapy and quite a few others. Spirit mediums, and astrologers are reprehensible also for taking people for a ride. People also sell shares in companies that claim to have invented some new supper energy saving power device, (cold fusion, perpetual motion machines etc) people buy share or franchisees in the hope of getting rich when oil runs out. Even countries have invested heavily in such things in the hope of not getting left behind, and cleaver people have been able to milk government out of millions of pounds. But what is amazing is that many of the practises actually believe what they are doing even when the evidence is starring them in the face. It seams the human flaws that got us to be Jehovah?s Witness actually affect all humans and at some time in life most people fall for some bad idea or another.

• badboy
    badboy

I keep getting scams from Amsaterdam.

Some letters might as well say`ARE YOU A SUCKER?

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

How about those Nigerian scams? Ever tried to help someone smuggle $18 million out of his home country, expecting a cut for yourself? Do you, like me, get daily emails asking for your help with such a transfer? Ever tried to hang out in a Yahoo chat room, and noticed that you are being IMed by Nigerians on an average of once every three minutes? Well, dont fall for it.

Here's what's going on in Nigeria - scamming as a cottage industry.

Here's how some people are fighting the scammers.

• gumby
    gumby

Multi-level-marketing is a scam you can fall for after you think your too smart to fall for shit after leaving the dubs. Were all just a bunch a big suckers I tell ya!!!!!

Gumby

• sleepy
    sleepy

Whats Multi-level-marketing?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Be a land owner on the Moon!

http://www.lunarlandowner.com

It is true. You too can become a Lunar land owner by purchasing acres of land on the Moon. THE LUNAR EMBASSY has been selling land on the Moon for the past 22 years. They were THE FIRST and THE ONLY COMPANY in the world to possess a legal basis and copyright for the sale of Lunar and other extraterrestrial property within the confines of our solar system.

Click here to learn more about the Deluxe Gift Package! Give the top rated gift that is loved by over 250 very well known celebrities, more than 30 past and present members of NASA , 2 former US Presidents and over 2 million average everyday people from around the world. What could be more unique than giving someone an acre on the Moon? For the average person, an acre on the Moon is an excellent gift and great conversation piece. But many corporations such as Marriott have purchased thousands of acres on the Moon for investment purposes, Lunar exploration and future development.

? an excellent gift
    ? potential prudent investment
    ? an interesting and great conversation piece

Limited time only! We are proud to be able to offer the Northwest portion of the Sea of Tranquility near the Crater Arago! The Sea of Tranquility is the spot where man first set foot on the Moon. The ultimate Lunar location is now available. Learn more about this exclusive Lunar location. Click here.

We want to congratulate Dennis Hope, founder of the Lunar Embassy, for the wonderful acknowledgement he has received from the Congress of the United States. Dennis Hope has been named co-chairman of the Republican Congressional Business Advisory Council. He has also been issued the highest honor the National Republican Congressional Committee has, the prestigious Republican Gold Medal. Learn more. Click here.

Yes its true! The Lunar Embassy's FIRST SPACECRAFT PROJECT is happening in 2004. Lunar spacecraft will transport our Official Lunar property Registry to the lunar surface for storage. We want you to join us. Learn more. Click here.

(CNN) -- U.S. authorities have given their approval for the first commercial flight to the moon, the group sponsoring the mission announced. Read the full story.

Order Now!

• sleepy
    sleepy

Isn't there some scam to have a Star named by you?

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

All natural remedies! All those things do is make you crap a lot. Yeah, sure, I can lose weight by taking pills that contain peat moss, curry powder, squirrel fur extract, and tree bark.

• sleepy
    sleepy

How about competitons that require you to ring a premium rate telephone line and listen to a zillion hours worth of sales pitch before they tell you you havent won or the prize is worth less than the phone call. And the ones they do on crap TV programmes were the answers are obvious just to fool people into ringing. ie, whats the capital of England? 1.Icecream 2.my dad 3.London If you know the answer please ring ...........

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

After I discovered the Moon Property and also Mars Property, I thought about selling empty space by the cubic acre.

Just imagine how many cubic acres exist in the universe!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit