Spirit-Directed Organization

by UnDisfellowshipped 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• zen nudist
    zen nudist
    Reasonable ifs either defend themselves, or nobody is interested in defending them, because the assumption is that they are a matter of faith and so it's up to you to decide if they have any consequences for yourself.

I found the best defense to be honest ignorance... if's that cannot be verified one way or the other need not lock one in if one just remains honest and accepts that the current real answer is I don't know.... and neither do you!

IF there really is a god who does not respect honesty.... well, to hell with him as such a god is not worthy of anything but contempt.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Spirit-directed Organization.... MY BUTT!!!

It's a business, just a well-run business.

DY

• Tyre
    Tyre

Spirit-Directed Organization ?

Well Zen Nudist, That's is a common thing if in Indonesia, people of Indonesia will use spirit to guide them to get Lotery Number for the next week and they believed it, then they will buy a lotery number, and lost their money next week and never win. but they still do it right now. estimation at least 10-20% people of Indonesia will do that.

(Rom 3:4 NKJV) Let it not be! But let God be true, and every man a liar; as it is written, "That You might be justified in Your sayings, and will overcome when You are judged."

(Rom 3:4 NWT) Never may that happen! But let God be found true, though every man be found a liar, even as it is written: ?That you might be proved righteous in your words and might win when you are being judged.?

• Tyre
    Tyre

You must test the spirit (1 Jo 4: 1-6 NKJV), Which one Spirit of truth ? Spirit of truth never produce any false doctrine, any false prediction, also not blink on and off, etc.

spirit of truth--the Spirit which comes from God and teaches truth.

spirit of error --the spirit which comes from Satan and seduces into error.

1Jo 4:1

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but try the spirits to see if they are of God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

1Jo 4:2 By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God;

1Jo 4:3
    and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the antichrist you heard is coming, and even now is already in the world.

1Jo 4:4
    You are of God, little children, and you have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.

1Jo 4:5
    They are of the world, therefore they speak of the world, and the world hears them.

1Jo 4:6
    We are of God. He who knows God hears us. The one who is not of God does not hear us. From this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

=====================================

spirit of truth--the Spirit which comes from God and teaches truth.

spirit of error

--the spirit which comes from Satan and seduces into error.
  • garybuss
    garybuss

XQ, Whomever? Isn't the Watch Tower Publishing Corporation (Society) been operating in a doctrinal vacuum since 1995 and since 1995 haven't they have gone totally to being an authority based secular publishing and real estate development business?

What traditional Witness religious doctrinal belief has survived since 1995 to present? (I am not referring to disbeliefs) Isn't the authority teaching the only one to survive?

I think in 1995 they quit being a religion. In 2000 they dismantled the religious facade and disfellowshipped the governing body from the corporations. All writing is done by a secular committee. All writing is owned by a secular corporation. All printing is done by another secular corporation. All that remains is the secular shell and that shell is intent on expanding the real estate development end of the business. The old religious beliefs (as well as the old religious people) seem to be an embarrassment as well as a bother to the new owners.

Authority seems to reigns supreme. Worship, love, and charity seem gone. Don't the new owners seem to be paranoid capitalists? How long before they shun people for feeding their kids a Big Mac at a convention?

Subscriptions are gone. Books are being distributed in digital form to the rich on the Internet. Kingdom Halls are moving to the suburbs in all brick buildings with parsonages attached to accommodate the non-clergy where their only access is to the rich who own cars. Book sales have gone to a shady tax evasive "donation" scam. Witness kids are being rushed in and shunned in adolescence. All the while the building of newer and better buildings continues at a fever pace. What's really going on?

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

spirit has two alternative meanings which seem very relevant....

alcohol, which explains way to much.

and Spirit from Latin for Breath, or hot air, or Bull $#!+.

which could also explain way too much.

• M.J.
    M.J.
    ...The slave class strives to avoid being dogmatic...

I think I'm gonna puke!!!

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Hi everyone,

I will post the quotes as soon as I can.

Garybuss said:

Authority seems to reigns supreme. Worship, love, and charity seem gone. Don't the new owners seem to be paranoid capitalists? How long before they shun people for feeding their kids a Big Mac at a convention?

I agree with most of what you said in your post, however, I just want to add that it's not just the "new owners" that have gotten rid of "worship, love, and charity".

The Society has never had true worship, love, or charity.

• garybuss
    garybuss
    The Society has never had true worship, love, or charity.

Probably true:-) Then they got rid of the facade of worship, love, or charity.

How's that?

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

I seriously think the watchtower is going to turn on the JWs. Alienating them. Think of it now they told us in the magazines stop writing them for direction on the blood issue. What will be next? I think in a few years the watchtower will stop sending free lawyers and start giving press releases in the nature of "We don't condone or approve the actions of the Jehovah's Witness church or its members nor ar wee associated with them. The only activeties we promote or sponsor are the annual conventions." knowing the average JW they say something like "the watchtower never made a press release saying it is nolonger associated with Jehovah's WItnesses." Then when you show it to them the'll say "the watchtower only said that because the apostates are trying to sue the watchtower. Thats just for the public."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit