Spirit-Directed Organization

by UnDisfellowshipped 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

This is what the Watchtower Society claims (I can post quotes if anyone wants them):

* Jehovah does not directly communicate with anyone today.

* Jehovah is using the Watchtower Society and the Faithful and Discreet Slave Class as His only "channel of communication".

* It is actually only the Governing Body of the Faithful and Discreet Slave that is the "channel", not the whole Slave Class. * The Watchtower Society is the ONLY "spirit-directed" Organization on earth.

* Jehovah has never given any dreams or visions to the Governing Body, and they do not hear voices (I can post quotes upon request).

* Yet, Jehovah still communicates to the Governing Body in a mysterious, unexplainable way, using (1) His active force, (2) the anointed ones who died and are in heaven, (3) Michael the Archangel, (4) the other angels.

* The Governing Body is NOT infallible, is not inspired, is not perfect, can be deceived, can make mistakes and errors, can be wrong.

* The Governing Body has suggested dates for Armageddon in the past that were wrong.

* The Governing Body's motives are always pure.

* The Governing Body is a "prophet" that speaks in Jehovah's Name and interprets the Scriptures.

* The Bible cannot be understood without the Watchtower Society explaining it to us.

* If you disobey the fallible, imperfect, non-inspired Governing Body, you can and will be Disfellowshipped or Disassociated (shunned by all Jehovah's Witnesses). * In order to be saved at Armageddon, you must be a dedicated and baptized Jehovah's Witness in "good standing", and be "active" in field service.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Big Brother is not inspired but is Spirit-directed, Big Brother speaks for God but does not speak directly with God, Jehovah does not give dreams or visions to the Big Brother, but Big Brother has said that Jehovah's "lightnings" have made Bible interpretation plain, etc. etc. Can anyone say "doublespeak"???

• sleepy
    sleepy

* Jehovah has never given any dreams or visions to the Governing Body, and they do not hear voices (I can post quotes upon request). * Yet, Jehovah still communicates to the Governing Body in a mysterious, unexplainable way, using (1) His active force, (2) the anointed ones who died and are in heaven, (3) Michael the Archangel, (4) the other angels. If the Witness prg is right than at some point along they way at least one of their teachings must have been given to a member of the governing body directly by one of these means.Of course they can't say which one/s as then they couldn't use their power as the governing body to withdraw a belief at any time.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan
    The Governing Body's motives are always pure.

I wonder if this is what attracts so many people who also are convinced that their own motives are pure - even though they don't provide charity to mankind. It's that ability to completely bullshit yourself.

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

its a great scam...

We are NOT inspired-- we can make mistakes.

we are spirit lead -- you had better blindly follow what we say.

here is the interesting twist... if they are not inspired, they only got the idea that they were the only ones from their assumptions about what the bible says... and since they admit they could be wrong, they should be honest enough to admit it in this case as well...

there Claims are based on one ASSumption after another

If there really is a god and the bible really is his word, and the bible really indicates that only one organization at a time has ever been the one that this god has used......etc. once they define all the IFs they then go back and show that THEY are the ONLY ones who fit all thoses IF, which they conveniently, and of course unbiasedly, just gathered for you.

Like many they cross the line from HONEST belief and faith to DISHONEST pretendings to knowledge.... too many people of all religions and faiths fall into this very same trap. NO matter how much you believe or have faith, such strength of CONviction does not turn such beliefs or faiths into FACTS.

to pretend that faith is fact is to lie....and liars have their portion in the lake of fire according to their beliefs...so take heed (^_^)

• Pole
    Pole

zen,

to pretend that faith is fact is to lie....and liars have their portion in the lake of fire according to their beliefs...so take heed (^_^)

The distinction here is between faith and fundamentalist faith. The latter could be defined as "pretending that a fact is a lie" - as you put it. JWs are fundamentalists.

But usually even their fundamentalist faith is not purely cynical. Such people fool themselves for different reasons. Sometimes they're dumb, sometimes they are very intelligent but benefit from living their big relligious lie emotionally, and sometimes they're slightly insane.

Which category did you fall under?

So, I'm not so sure if they're all going to end up in the lake of fire, metaphysically speaking of course. Most of them have been misled and are now misleading others and themselves. I'ts almost subconscious.

Pole

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

But usually even their fundamentalist faith is not purely cynical. Such people fool themselves for different reasons. Sometimes they're dumb, sometimes they are very intelligent but benefit from living their big relligious lie emotionally, and sometimes they're slightly insane.

Which category did you fall under?

I was under the delusional belief that there was something called THE TRUTH and that one could find it... and the IF THEN logic of JWs seemed to provide the answers I was looking for....as long as I did not think to hard...which of course I did and is part of the reason I am now out.... their IF THENs had flaws and I could see all too many times that THEY were defining the IFs as IF there was only THEIR view of it and no other possibilities...as many others do as well... they had no desire to explore other possibilities, they present their IFs with an absoluteness they never justified.

more than that, they wanted me to say I KNEW I had found THE TRUTH...and I told one elder point blank...well, I believe [at that time] that I have found the truth, but I don't KNOW it... but he was not happy with that and tried to press me more.

• Neo
    Neo

The Faithful and Discreet Slave humbly explains it all here:

*** w97 6/1 13-14 A Secret Christians Dare Not Keep! *** 7 In contrast with humans, who have a limited life span, Jehovah never feels pressured by time to reveal his secrets prematurely. This fact should prevent us from becoming impatient when certain Bible questions cannot presently be explained to our satisfaction. Modesty on the part of the faithful and discreet slave class, commissioned to provide the Christian household with food at the proper time, prevents it from presumptuously running ahead and wildly speculating about things that are still unclear. The slave class strives to avoid being dogmatic. It is not too proud to admit that as of now it cannot answer every question, keeping Proverbs 4:18 clearly in mind. But how thrilling to know that Jehovah, in his own due time and in his own way, will continue to reveal his secrets as to his purposes! Never should we become impatient with Jehovah?s arrangement, indiscreetly trying to rush ahead of the Revealer of secrets. How reassuring it is to know that the channel Jehovah is using today does not do so! It is both faithful and discreet.?Matthew 24:45; 1 Corinthians 4:6.

IOW: "We don't have a clue!'

Neo

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar
    commissioned to provide the Christian household with food at the proper time,

So they finally admit they get a commission!

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3
    It is not too proud to admit that as of now it cannot answer every question, keeping Proverbs 4:18 clearly in mind.

LIES! I encourage you to read the Revelation, Grand Climax at Hand, Isaiah Prophecy's I & II, and Daniel's Prophecy's. Tell me there is not one scripture that does not have a complete explaination. Where in these books does it say "we cannot answer this question"???? Did I mention Question's from Readers? Come on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit