My story in a nutshell...AKA Hi Im MelbaToast!

by MelbaToast 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Neo
    Neo
    If it helps any you really shouldn't hold onto the "blame". In the intervening years Em was busy making her own decisions in life, as were you.

These are very wise words, Little Toe. You put it very well.

• kls
    kls

Welcome MelbaToast, you have come to a place where people understand and care.

• desib77
    desib77

Welcome!

Desi

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Welcome {{{{Melba Toast}}}}

Yet one more truly heartbreaking experience from an exJW.....when will it ever end? WTS control has such an impact and ripple effect on all of us, no matter when we left, doesn't it.

Glad you posted here, you have a lot of company who truly understand how evil the WTS is and are dealing with much the same issues that we all have in common.

Looking forward to seeing more posts from you,

hugs

Annie

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

You are a good person and a good mommy!

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Hi Melba!!! Welcome to AA. Oops... *ahem* ********** H U G S ********** Welcome to the ex-JW forum. I hope you stick around and make a few true friends here. Regards, Jim TX

• gespro
    gespro

Hi Melba and welcome!!!!

It is indeed a heartbreaking story. You are not alone.

I've had to readjust my thinking over the past 4 years and lose the JW mindset that has nearly destroyed my life. I'm finally understanding that I can't save the world [let alone friends and family] from the traumas I've seen but I can recover and be healthy again and maybe the world will notice the changes I've taken myself through and follow suit [to a recovery]. Leave the guilt and shame in a bag and toss it away from you. Be well...

g

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

so when are we going out on a date???

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Welcome to this wonderful place, Melba Toast!

DY

• MelbaToast
    MelbaToast

Thanks for all the support and kind words (sorry 151, Im taken)

I think my husband is kind of jealous of the amount of time Ive spent talking to everyone, but on the flip side, hes glad I found somewhere to unload because he has no ideas on what the full story is about witnesses. I try to explain, but really I dont care if he knows a whole lot about em. Everything he has seen concerning me is negative anyway, he says better off without em.

I couldnt agree more. Here are pics of my hubby and baby

Nice to know ppl who know what Im going through!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit