Manchurian Candidate---WOW!

by patio34 16 Replies latest social entertainment

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

LOL @ little witch!

Girl I can't believe you remember that silly joke I told! LMAO.........

Kate

• onacruse
    onacruse

LW, like I said, I'm really really Jason Bourne, and I'll kick your ass...so leave Kate alone!

roflmao

edit to add: Kate just reminded me of the "He brews" quip...tomorrow, we'll just have the International House of Pancakes do the brewin'. (btw, Kate makes really bad coffee)

• blondie
    blondie

Irreverent and I are going tonight. I saw the first one just last week on TV (I guess they were anticipating the remake's release). I found the first one disturbing. I thought Frank Sinatra and Angela Lansbury were very good. Angela is no Jessica Fletcher in this one. I guess this original did not get the theater play it should have. Made in 1962 it was withheld from distribution for 25 years after Kennedy's assassination.

Blondie

• Corvin
    Corvin
    Mary and I have been Robert Ludlum fans for years and have read everything he's written. The Bourne series is one of my favs, and I forgave director Dave Liman for completely deviating from Ludlum's original plot in the Bourne Identity because the film was so cool.

Mary and I were excited to go and see the new Bourne film, The Bourne Supremacy, and were a bit dissapointed.

Every single scene was filmed with a hand-held cam and I was just begging inside for the damn camera man to hold still for a moment. Too much camera movement . . . way too much. The hand-held cam is effective for lots of scenes, but this was overkill.

The action/fight sequences was a complete blurrrrr and all you saw was, ummm . . . nothing but lots of blurry motion with really cool sound effects.

The car chase sequence was nothing more than cut to this blurry shot of the car rounding a corner, then cut to that blurry shot of a collision . . . than a blurry foot hitting the excellorator, then cut to tires squeeling around another corner . . . you just could not tell where the hell they were going or what they were actually doing . . . oh my garsh!

The movie really had some great potential to be as good as the first, but the cinematography and editing really sucked. They really dropped the ball on this film. How sad. The sound was pretty good, tho.

I give it

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/27/75626/1.ashx

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Kate,

I don't know if it'll ruin the new MC or not to see the original, but i wouldn't think so. The only problem may be that the new one is so different in the motivation of the assassins' trainers that it may have you comparing the two. If it were me, I would see the first version after seeing the Denzel movie. Just my opinion. I don't remember that much about the old one, but this one seems to be a lot different (I just deleted something or it might be a spoiler!!).

Pat

• sandy
    sandy

I agree the MC was an excellent movie. I highly recommend it!!! Denzel, Liev Schreiber and Streep were all great!!!

The Village: I seen the last hour of it and in my opinion it wasn't anything to write home about.

• poppers
    poppers

I've seen the original and the remake. The original is still disturbing even after all of these years and I couldn't see a reason for a remake. However, I saw the remake out of curiosity and was totally entertained. Because of the twists it takes I was kept guessing as to what was happening, so seeing the original first shouldn't spoil it for anyone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit