Manchurian Candidate---WOW!

by patio34 16 Replies latest social entertainment

• patio34
    patio34

I just saw it and it was very suspenseful, well-acted, intriguing plot, and Denzel was fabulous!

The last 30 minutes just kept you on the edge of your seat----how on earth could it end?!? It was a LOT different than the original.

Anyone see it yet?

Pat

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Oh Pat, I'm so glad to hear that the movie is worth seeing. I've been waiting for it to come out for about 6 months! I haven't seen the original movie but I think I might just see if I can rent it before seeing the remake.

Craig and I went to the movies this afternoon and saw Bourne Supremacy...I liked it better than the first one Bourne Identify and recommend it. Today it was a toss up as to what we were going to see and he wanted to see this one first which means next weekend another movie date!

Kate

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Kate,

I saw Bourne Supremacy last week and really enjoyed it--even better than the first one. Manchurian Candidate was every bit as suspenseful, if not more! Meryl Streep was chilling!

Pat

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Oh cool I love Meryl Streep, she is one of the few really convincing actresses around. Gosh can't wait to see it.

Tell me will it ruin the movie for me if I watch the original one first?

Kate

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I saw The Village today, but I think we might go see Manchurian Candidate tomorrow.. I loves me some Denzel.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I had my ex-JW aunt visiting the last couple of days and we watched the first Manchurian Candidate. Rather interesting issues regarding mind control and brainwashing - some parallels to what the JWs do to people although some of the mind control stuff was a tad unrealistic. Now I want to see the new version

• onacruse
    onacruse

My real name is Jason Bourne, and I kick ass!

Kate and I are gonna rent the original Manchurian Candidate (gosh, it's been like 30? years since I last saw it), and next weekend, another date at the movies (not so much popcorn this time, though ).

And then I'll make Kate watch Forbidden Planet.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    And then I'll make Kate watch Forbidden Planet.

Oooolala!

Kate (of the payback is a *itch class)

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I am looking forward to seeing this movie, looks awesome.

www.rottentomatoes.com has this thing called the "tomato-meter" where they score a movie based on the number of good reviews it has received, and this movie has one of the highest scores I've seen.

• little witch
    little witch

Kate,

Just remember this.....HeBrews! LOLOLOLOL

(Betcha don't remember that one)?!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit