If wars were outlawed.......................

by WildHorses 40 Replies latest jw friends

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

...then only outlaws would wage war....

(can't be done... conflict is human nature)

----Hill (Ted Kennedy's car has more confirmed kills than my gun collection class)

• WildHorses
    WildHorses
    (Ted Kennedy's car has more confirmed kills than my gun collection class)

And how many would that be? I thought it was just the one girl. (Chappa.....something. I can't spell it) Am I mistaken?

• heathen
    heathen

Simon does have a point . The US constitution forbids the use of the US military as a mercenary militia and is only to be used to preserve and protect the republic of the USA .

I do get tired of hearing how foreign nations insist that somehow the US is responsible for defending their countries. I think there are way better things to do with our tax money than feed the war machine.

• Simon
    Simon

I agree. The UN should be the worlds police force, not the US.

Of course member countries need to contribute the forces required but it should be a joint effort. I think if it was allowed to work properly that it would improve things dramatically.

I don't think it will happen any time soon though and the last year or two has probably set that back a fair way.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

last count .... Ted 1

Hills guns (all legally registered too) 0

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Oops, by bad. I misread your post, Hill. I didn't get that you were talking about your gun collection.

• Golf
    Golf

Without going into specifics, my answer to your question, yes it would be a better place to live. Didn't we have thread about 'common sense' recently?

Guest 77

• Carmel
    Carmel

Wars will be "outlawed" and a concept of "collective security" will replace rampant nationalism until humanity is able to abolish the type of conflicts that lead to war. Humanities' spiritualization will take many generations, but the options are not that functional.

carmel

• Poztate
    Poztate

Wars are based on emotion ...not logic ..so any attempt to curtail them will meet with failure.

• DocBob
    DocBob

If wars were outlawed ... only outlaws would have wars.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit