If wars were outlawed.......................

by WildHorses 40 Replies latest jw friends

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Do you think the world would be a better place or not and please explain why.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

BTW, please do not make this a post for bashing. I just want to find out how many feel as I do on the matter.

• blondie
    blondie

If wars were outlawed, what about the disagreements in families, between neighbors, criminals with guns, etc. The causes of wars don't end on a global scale but start within the minds and hearts of individuals.

Blondie (sorry if this isn't taking it the right direction, it's what I feel)

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Blondie, I was thinking more along the lines of world war. Do they help or hurt us more in the long run.

• blondie
    blondie

Having grown in in Europe after WW2, I would find it hard to be objective. Blondie

• gypsywildone
    gypsywildone

If wars were outlawed, how would you enforce it?

• wednesday
    wednesday

WH,

no sane person wants a war. Take for example what is going on in sudan right now. militant groups killing innocent people. the government of sudan not stopping it. now the UN has stepped in with a rather weak resolution telling them to make it stop. Sudan refuses. the usa is now going to have to go back and ask for sanctions against them to make sudan protect it's own citizens. potentially this could lead to military action. The news says over 30,000 people have been killed, a terrible human crisis situation. no wants to go to war, it is forced by things like this.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Good question, gypsy, well then, how about this. Would it be better if the decision wasn't in the hand of the governments, but instead left up to a majority vote?(ie the whole counties population) I say that because I feel we are to quick to go to war sometimes.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

It's a wonderful idea ...and a very idealistic one. After my study of history I KNOW that evil exists and will always exist and that we cower to it just when we need to take a decisive stand against it. Therefore ....it will always be what leads us down the path of war.

• gypsywildone
    gypsywildone

That would be good wildhorses, BUT what about the people that don't bother to vote, but then complain? Do we force everyone to vote? And what about the faction that does not agree & doesn't win, then perpetrace force. What do we do with them?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit