Walk with God DC: My Notes SAT MORN

by ezekiel3 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

VM, the one about the sheep having to call out before the shepherd looks for them is in a WT study article:

w02 3/1 p. 16 How Precious Is the Truth to You? ***

13 In Scotland some young lambs were grazing in a pasture when one of them strayed to the side of a hillock and tumbled onto a ledge below. It was uninjured, but it was frightened and unable to climb back. So it started to bleat plaintively. Its mother heard it, and she too began to bleat until the shepherd came and retrieved the young lamb.

14 Notice the sequence of events. The lamb called for help, the ewe added her voice to its cries, and the alerted shepherd sprang into action to rescue it. If a very young animal and its mother can sense danger and immediately call for help, should we not do the same when we stumble spiritually or face unexpected dangers from Satan?s world? (James 5:14, 15; 1 Peter 5:8) We should, especially if we are lacking in experience either because we are young or because we are relatively new in the truth.

• VM44
    VM44

Thanks blondie for looking that up for me.

I understand it better, the shepherd did not know the lamb was in trouble until it and the mother sheep cried for help. OK, I will buy that. The shepherd would have eventually found out, but the cries for help got immediate response.

10:00 Symposium: Walking Progressively as Ministers

Why are they called "symposiums"?

--VM44

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Its multiple talks all covering different aspects of the same general topic

• joenobody
    joenobody

I think what gets me about the contents of the talks is the paranoia and desperation:

- yes brothers, we know you aren't feeling urgency, but honest, honest, honest, the end is coming

- umm... field service is fun, right?

- reiterate our own history in a distorted way so many times that it must have happened that way

• Nocturne
    Nocturne
    Gosh, I gringed at the thought of so many teenagers getting baptized. I was 15 when I got dunked and I know for a fact I had no clue of the "importance" , or better yet the signifiance of it all.

That statement is so true. Looking back at when I got baptized, I really had no clue of the importance or the significance of this action. I know at the last assembly I went to, there was this 14 year old kid that gor baptized from my congregation, and I know that he doesn't really know what getting baptized involves. It's sad really.

• observador
    observador

"Total of 84 baptized, age range of 9 ? 83"... Now, tell me the difference between baptizing a 1-year old child - which they codemned the Catholic church for doing - and a 9-year old child. How silly!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit