I thought I'd share a bit of the book I'm reading...

by Surreptitious 22 Replies latest jw friends

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

Life of Pi is one of those books that leaves you cold or is absolutely enthralling. I'm in the latter category. The quoted passage has quite a different feel when read in context (surprise!) The speaker is a young boy whose parents were absolute rationalists, but who was drawn to all religions. He made whole-soul commitments to every religion he discovered. If I recall correctly, he was seeking connection to the mystery of life and found it in all those religions.

I really loved that book.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

I am agnostic regarding the issue of whether extra-terrestrial life exists in our galaxy. That's because honestly, I don't feel like there is enough available data to conclusively say one way or the other. This belief, however, has nothing to do with my "philosophy of life." Except, perhaps, that it relates to my more general belief that I should not dogmatically believe things for which I have no proof.

SNG

• Surreptitious
    Surreptitious

Jo, I finished this book ages ago and forgot to let you know. This book is as kgfreeperson describes, however I recommend it. Read it and you'll see why...I think.

Syrup

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit