Bands you want to yourself?

by Lostreality 16 Replies latest social entertainment

• Lostreality
    Lostreality

We all have them..bands we want to be recongnized, but dont want to become mainstream because then they cant be 'your' band anymore.

what are yours?

Mine: Massive attack, Portishead, Gunfighter, Ok Go, God lives underwater.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Ashleigh Flynn

• Lostreality
    Lostreality

never heard of them..hehe, now i want to..bwhahaha!

• shamus
    shamus

I used to be really into the band scene. Saw the Violent Femmes, Ministry, you name it live.

Nowadays, music is completely boring. I prefer Tom Waits and Frank Black over anything. All that old music is just plain boring now, and the new music I find all sounds the same ( not top 40). I still listen to the classics like original punk rock. The kiddies nowadaze call it 'old school' or whatever. Whatever label they must attach to it, so be it. I don't call it anything but music that I like.

I prefer the CBC (canadian station), because they have a good mix of classical combined with other strange music that all fits in. Classical is a great kind of music, and anyone who hasn't given it a try or 'refuses' to just because they like 'punk' is very close minded and childish.

In other words, if it sounds good, listen to it, and to those that need to attach a label to it, tell them to piss off. When people in real life ask me what I listen to, I just tell them anything but what's on the radio.

I've heard people try to put labels on music, call it "EMO" or whatever the f*ck they're trying to say about "emotional punk rock"..... (I mean, please... what a bunch of losers!)

I will listen to anything but opera. Ever hear Stompin' Tom? Killer music. Johnny Cash is excellent too. He did that album before his death... covers of Nine Inch Nails songs... Excellent! Far better than Nine inch nails did. Trent Resnor should stick to song writing, like he has been.

My advice is to just listen to what you want to and leave the labels for the schoolkids. Be your own person.

• Mac
    Mac

Shamus...

If yer a Waits fan I'll bet you enjoy or would appreciate the work of Leonerd Cohen!

mac

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Mine are Metric, Broken Social Scene, and Let's Go Sailing. The latter band isn't even signed, but they have some great songs....

• shamus
    shamus

AIN'T NO CURE FOR LOVE. Leonard Cohen (a Canuck, BTW)

I loved you for a long long time. I know this love is real. It don't matter how it all went wrong. That don't change the way I feel. And I can't believe that time can heal this wound I'm speaking of - There ain't no cure, there ain't no cure, there ain't no cure for love.

I'm aching for you, baby. I can't pretend I'm not. I need to see you naked in your body and your thought. I've got you like a havit and I'll never get enough - There ain't no cure, there ain't no cure, there ain't no cure for love.

All the rocket ships are climbing through the sky, the holy books are open wide, the doctors working day and night, but they'll never find that cure for love - there ain't no drink, no drug - there's nothing pure enough to be a cure for love.

I see you in the subway and I see you on the bus. I see you lying down with me and I see you waking up. I see your hand, I see your hair, your bracelets and your brush. And I call to you, I call to you, but I don't call osft enough - There ain't no cure, there ain't no cure, there ain't no cure for love.

I walked into this empty church - I had no place else to go - when the sweetest voice I ever heard came whispering to my soul. I don't need to be forgiven for loving you so much. It's written in the scriptures, it's written there in blood. I even heard the angels declare it from above - There ain't no cure, there ain't no cure, there ain't no cure for love.

• Mac
    Mac

Shamus...

No I haven't but I'll check it out. I've read much of his poetry though.

Thanks, mac

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Lostreality..Massive Attack are ,er,massive in Uk.

Ever seen the Film Vanilla sky anyone?The band who perform most of the Music in that are a scandinavian band called Sigur Ros..they are quite wonderful!Im hoping to see them some time.Apparently Tom cruises fave Band.

• Lostreality
    Lostreality

massive in the uk..duh, they are euro-trip-hop...im talking about them because not many people have heard them in the states.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit