Does religion play a big part in world politics?

by sleepy 22 Replies latest jw friends

• sleepy
    sleepy

Noting that Britain?s prime minister and Americas? president are both supposed to be actively religious I wonder how big apart there religious outlook plays in the decisions they make. Being non-religious myself I would be keen to see, no influence at all, but the only countries that have put that into practise are the Communist ones, and we know what happened there. So maybe religious outlook is good in politics. But than look at Israel a country that bases its existence on the first few chapters of the Bible. If other countries leaders were atheist how would that affect their attitude toward Israel.If Israel lost this support would the Arab nations fundamentalist factions view Israel?s allies so badly and pose such a threat to world peace?

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

What if the leaders of the Arabic Countries became Atheist? Would they view Isreal as such a threat?

Religion only involves Welsh Politics.

• sleepy
    sleepy

They would still narked for them to be living in someone elses land.Do you have a bee in your bonnet prehaps?

• dh
    dh

religion & politics... there isn't a vast amount of difference between the two is there? the only difference is who's authority each one claims to be administrating.

• Beans
    Beans

Religion is politics!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Unfortunately religion does affect political decisions... instead of using facts and logic leaders allow their religious superstitions to guide them in the decision-making.

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg
    Unfortunately religion does affect political decisions... instead of using facts and logic leaders allow their religious superstitions to guide them in the decision-making.

I guess John Kerry would be in that genre? Afterall, he referenced "Honor thy father and thy mother" in his speech last night.

LABD

• logical
    logical

Of course it does, religion is the main reason this world is fucked up like it is, and is the main reason for the majority or wars throughout history.

They are [edit] childish idiots I just cant believe how STUPID these idiots are who are in charge.

• Badger
    Badger

Since Dubya and Ashcroft are fundies, they could be supporting Israel for the sole purpose of helping fulfil a Revelation prophecy (a book that Jefferson denonced as "the ravings of a madman")

• logical
    logical

Spot on Badger. They think they are sooo important in the grand scheme of things they are forcing allthis fulfillment of prophecy..... sick, dangerous people. Exactly like the Watchtower and their self-proclaimed importance and fulfillment of prophect.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit