Daniel Made Simple!

by Leolaia 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

BTTT, very interesting!!

• zarco
    zarco

Leo,

Thanks for your excellent research. Like JWdaughter, I think some of these older technical threads are just amazing. I am shocked at my years of ignorance regarding the authorship, environment and motives of bible writers. At least I am figuring it out now.

Zarco

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Great opening posts Leo! Marking this for future reference.

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

Best comments on Daniel I've read.

• Confusedandangry
    Confusedandangry

I know this post is 14 years old, but I'm bumping it for newbies like me. My spouse is so sure that these prophecies are now happening thanks to the latest convention. Thanks Leolaia!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Thanks for reviving this great Thread. Leolaia was our resident Scholar of High Repute for a long time. All of her input on here is pure Gold !

It was her posts that spurred me to action with regard to my scant knowledge of Scholarly terms that she used, and virtually no knowledge of the works of Scholars in the field of the O.T and ancient near Eastern Texts. Prof. Mark Smith, who Leo quotes from time to time has some great Tomes that are worth a read.

It all comes down to the fact that all Bible writers wrote for the people of their own time, any seeming "prophecy" is only their own wishful thinking. Many of the "prophecies" in Daniel were written after the event of course.

Not one Bible " prophecy" ( prediction) has come true in the terms it was written in, not one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit