Did You Think That You Would Be In Paradise By 2004?

by minimus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

German, an unedited Watctower in the 80's agreed with you.

• littlemike
    littlemike

I honestly beleived it.

Due to the generation teaching it had to be before 2004. Didnt take pension etc. Totally duped and after 2 years at last recovering.

I am 44 and left at age 42. i was born a Witness. Elder and took circuit assembly items.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I figured I'd be god bait and be long dead by now.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Yeah, I always assumed so. 2000 seemed so far away...

CZAR

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

What a waste! My catchphrase:"the anguish and the agony of having to renounce the life-long convictions of my heart". It ain't hyperbole it is a surreal horror show. The cataclysm of the imploding 1914 generations supernova. I'm 3rd generation JW going back to the....zeal of the "Truth" book crusades of the late 1960's.My uncles my dad and my grand-dads all were devout disciples of the Watchtower. They use to quote Jesus:["Matthew 24:35
    Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away. ] My 'elders' would make attribution of ""Jesus solemn oath ""to the 1914 'profitcy'.Then it turned out that the 1914 anachronism was a mutation of the William Miller movement,and a demonic lie. That clinched it for me! It took 5 years to accept and resolve in my heart(after I left,I still thought i was gonna be bird dung) that they are a man made false,'fraud in the name of God' ripoff religious racket. My exit date was January 5th 1992 I'm still rebuilding. [ Footnote: The 1975 fiasco failure was difficult to let go, because I was in the thick of it.I was there in 1967 age 10 when the 'profitcy' was first proclaimed.I was there for the fallout,being strung along with the,"how long did it take Adam to name the animals?4 year extension until 1980's. I was desperate for the WT's promised 'new system' as I was a crippled child with a chronic disease,(severe ulcerative colitis)

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Like the song says Minimus--

Take my hand, i'm a stranger in paradise. I am in paradise and it happened in 1991.

Told the elders what I thought of them, they df'd me, set me free, after a while things got better and better and they are still getting better.

So by comparison, I AM IN PARADISE.

Outoftheorg

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I have said this before, but I always felt like my life was a death sentence ever since I was born, even though I always had doubts, I assumed that armageddon would definitely hit before 2000, and this was based on the society's view of the generation of 1914. I always hated the fact that I was born so late during the last days, I wished I could have been born back in the 50's, at least there would be some time left. Being born in 1970 I had always thought I would be destroyed by the age of 30 and subsequently forsook college because I saw it as pointless to spend 4 years in college and then be destroyed by armageddon a couple of years later. The one thing I most resent about the society is that their false teachings robbed me of my youth and my innocence growing up, I still sometimes catch myself wondering what it would have been like to have been born into another religion and have a "normal" upbringing and outlook on life, I guess I will never know. So to answer your question, No I never thought I would be in paradise by 2004 but just the opposite-destroyed in Armageddon.

Dave

• Bryan
    Bryan

I remember in 1982 saying "I give it two years". What an idiot!

I am so glad to be alive and Awake!

Bryan

• gumby
    gumby

The first actual date for the end I remember was of course 1975......however, most dubs believed the time of the end was "anytime soon." I remember fearing school and my mom telling me armageddon would come before that....I was 4 then. Then I remember being told I would never have to worry about having kids in this system because the end would be here by then.

Then....I remember being told not to worry about my child going to school because the end wopuld be here. Then I remember my daughter saying she dreaded school for her kids, but didn't worry because the end would be here.

I have been hearing the same line since I was born and now.....I suppose my 12 year old grandson will say the same thing about not worrying about having kids in this system.

Keep that bait danglin brooklyn.......it seems to work like a charm.........you baldheaded frickin losers!

Gumby * stomps out of the room and kicks the dog*

• minimus
    minimus

Poor Gumby.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit