Where do you find spiritual fulfillment now?

by marked 35 Replies latest jw friends

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz
    So, where do you go to satiate your spiritual thirst?

I don't think I have a 'spiritual thirst'...

• Lostreality
    Lostreality

I dont...im still working on getting past the WTBTS.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Well, hm. I've been neglecting my little pantheon lately, preoccupied with new magical studies and with struggles at work. But I do feel most connected with them when writing poetry, or doing herbal meditation.

Any time you get a good clear view of someone else's heart ? that's spiritual. I've had spiritual conversations that did not come within a country mile of mentioning "spiritual" things. Sometimes music does that for me. Hangin' with my husband and kids always does it for me.

Sex has been very spiritual lately. As my lover says, "We don't [edit]; we always make love."

I've been exploring the various modern paganisms for the past seven years or so. These days, I'm concentrating on magic. I realized that I didn't just want someone to worship who could be trusted not to bite me in the butt; I also wanted power over my own life. I think I'm finally getting the hang of it ? finally found a magical system that is a good match.

I won't mention UU again except to remind everybody that it's a SAFE place to have a religious breakdown and begin exploring. If you need company on your search and aren't into traditional Christianity, check 'em out. (www.uua.org)

gently feral

• Golf
    Golf

I have always found my spiritual fulfillment in the words of my late grandmother who was not a witness,"Respect people and don't ridicule or demean them ."

Guest 77

• onacruse
    onacruse

I go no further than my own soul (or whatever you wanna call it).

The fulfillment I get each day is from just living, thinking, talking, learning. The out-spring of my personal sense of satisfaction impels me to reach out and further interact with others ("love your neighbor as you love yourself.")

And, very surprising to me, I now have more peace of mind when I lay down at the end of each day, than I ever had as a JW.

Craig

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I can't say I have found spiritual fulfillment,,I think you have that only when you are perfectly at peace with everything and everyone. I'm mean totally "there" at each moment without wanting anything better or worse. That's how I understand the word "fulfillment" kind of a all or nothing meaning.

I think though that most mean "moderately happy" with something spiritual, when they talk of spiritual fulfilment. I'm moderately happy with my life,,I may always be a searcher type, I don't know what I'll find I have a feeling it will be interesting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit