Could C T Russell been gay and hid behind a sexless mariage?

by frankiespeakin 45 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Sherry:
    S'ok, I'm totally chilled
    There was no indication that it was humour. It came across as a serious reply in a flow of serious replies.
    Maybe it would have helped if you'd added an emotican like
    Hehehe.

Shelby:It's been a few years since I poured over those transcripts, but I don't recall anything that vaguely suggested he was of homosexual or bisexual orientation.
    Shalom.

Frankie:
    You asked, with this thread:

Could C T Russell been gay and hid behind a sexless mariage?

The simple answer is "Yes". Sure, he could have.
    However, you can't assume either way, because you have no evidence either way; hence "reasonable assumptions" are out of the window.
    Bottom line: you just don't know, and to declare otherwise would be entirely idle speculation, closely akin to scraping the bottom of the barrel.

On another point that you raised:

If he claimed to be God's spokes person we have a right to poke around and see if he meets the "Bible" guidelines as far as "bible" morals are concerned,, for we all know what the bible says about sex with the same sex.

Have you read any of the work on http://www.gayxjw.org/ ?
    For example: http://www.gayxjw.org/bible.html

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Shelby: It's been a few years since I poured over those transcripts, but I don't recall anything that vaguely suggested he was of homosexual or bisexual orientation.
    Shalom.

Hence, my initial comment, dearest LT: the accusation from was from a [very] young [as I believe her age was 10] girl. That would put him in the category of pedophile, not homosexual.

Peace to you!

Your servant and fellow slave of Christ,

SJ

BTW - Charles Russell was never "chosen" by my Lord; it was his wife, Maria, who was/is our sister in Christ by means of holy spirit. When he realized her insight from the Spirit, he used her to advance his agenda (hence his purpose for a marriage). When he... and the men who worked with him... began to more blatantly go against the Christ which increased in the manner of false teachings, including the whole 1914 lie (they were much more subtle, initially, for they started out by simply identifying "false" christs and their false teachings), she could not agree to go along with them and spoke up. As a result, Russell and his companions invoked the "women should be silent" doctrine. When she ignored that directive, they removed [expelled] her... from the company. It was during this time that the young girl who resided with the Russell's made her accusation.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

LT,

Yes I have seen sites like the ones you posted that try and interpret scripture to show the bible never condemed homosexuality. Frankly I don't buy it. The bible out rightly condems homosexuality,,while I agree that condemnation of homosexuality is wrong,, i think those sites are trying to make the bible say something it don't really say. I guess these sites can help a homosexual who wants to be or remain a christian,,feel better but they do so at the expense of making the bible say something it is not saying. Much better if you ask me to just realize the bible an old book with old morals,, that condems things we now see as rediculous.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Shelby:

Charles Russell was never "chosen" by my Lord; it was his wife, Maria, who was/is our sister in Christ by means of holy spirit.

Now THAT I find interesting...
    Maybe this thread wasn't such a blow-out, after all
    Shalom.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Frankie:Agreed, though I have to say that there's some merit in what that site has to say on some passages.
    Not all the passages referenced are as clear as they are often interpreted/translated.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

LT,

Agreed. The sites are good to perhaps help establish some self respect for homosexuals, and also promotes tollerence which is good. But the value of these sites is very limited because they require too much bending and distorting of scripture to make it appear not to condemn homsexuality. I think it would be much more helpful if they just showed that the bible was the product of men and heterosexual men's predjudice towards homosexuals, is responcible for the bible condemnation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit