Aloha from Maui

by Puternut 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Puternut
    Puternut

Hey everyone,

We have arrived in Maui. The weather is 86 F and sunny. I found an Internet connection and decided to keep you posted. We're in a little cottage about 3000 feet up on Haleakala, overlooking the island. The island has a lot of micro-cimates, it will mist in one area, and a half a mile away it will be totally sunny.

There are plants and things here we haven't seen before or knew existed. But they are fascinating and beautiful. We got here late yesterday in the afternoon, and today we're going to explore the island some more. Some things are really cheap here, and others (a gallon of milk 7.85) a bit more expensive. But we're having fun figuring things out.

My car which I shipped from the mainland should be here by the weekend, and our other goods a few weeks later. This will give us some time to figure things out locally.

There is a little gecko sitting on my desk, looking at me, trying to figure out why my fingers are moving so fast. It's 5:30 in the morning local time, but for me it's 8:30 Pacific time. So I am going to watch the sun come up while I sit in the jacuzzi.

Puternut

• kls
    kls

OH, you are so lucky. So do you love it? I envy you.

• Sirius Dogma
    Sirius Dogma

Congrats Puternut!

Have fun and let me know if you know anyone who is hiring out there.

SD

• maybesbabies
    maybesbabies

Yay, Putty!! I'm so glad you are enjoying it!!! It sounds wonderful! Perhaps, one day, I can make my way out there, and enjoy your geckos, lol!

• avishai
    avishai

Maui no ka oi, brah!!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Aloha kakahiaka, Puternut! Hau'oli au e lohe i kāu hō'ike 'ano o kēlā mea kēia mea. Minamina au i nā kahakai, nā awāwa, a me ke 'ano o ka manawa.....minamina au i Maui. E 'hō'oli iā ia iho!!!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Aloha Puter! Nothing more relaxing than watching the sun rise or set. Dunno why.

Enjoy yourself there.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

He Puternut... thanks for the update !

So I am going to watch the sun come up while I sit in the jacuzzi.

We hate you !

• Special K
    Special K

Welcome back to JWD land puternut and octavia..

Sounds like you have survived the move so far..in style.

Enjoy your explorations there on what appears to be such a beautiful island.

Aloha, too

Special K

• frenchbabyface

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit