A letter to my sister

by jwbot 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

Your letter is wonderful and warm. Someday your sister will regret the time she has wasted by shunning you. I'm sure her jehovah is pleased with her. Grrrr

So happy for you that you have found your soulmate. Congrats on the engagement and hooray for you for not rushing it on their account!

Also so glad you have a happy loving little doggie!! My dog is about the only one in my life that has never betrayed me.

Good luck to you - I have a letter to my mom in the mail too so we will be mail-box-checking together!

• jwbot
    jwbot

I really appreciate all the loving responses. There are some tweaks I will do to it but I really think it is ok the way it is. I think that while I am not a great writer, I am very good at injecting my personality and voice into whatever I do write. I hope that the letter makes her feel something, but its mainly to get my thoughts out.

Bubbamar: I think I love my dog as much as I could a child if I had one. haha. I think I should start another nice pet picture posting thread...

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

JWBot said:

I think I love my dog as much as I could a child if I had one.

Oh you just wait. There is a whole 'nother level.

• simplesally
    simplesally

I would not add anything about their doctrines and shunning...........your letter is about your relationship not their religion. It is very loving and hopefully she will receive it the way you meant it.

• Evesapple
    Evesapple
    I would not add anything about their doctrines and shunning...........your letter is about your relationship not their religion. It is very loving and hopefully she will receive it the way you meant it.

I agree. It would only seem defensive. Your letter is open and full of heart and that's all it needs. I hope she will respond positvely as well.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Nice expression of love and it's always good they say to remind them of past good times. Also the parts where you expressed your fullfillment and goals is great, something very hard for JWs to conceive is that someione outside is loving life. The open heart and arms will be remembered IF she ever feels the programming slipping away and leads a place to land. You situation is not unlike my own, I hope the best for you and everyone involved.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Your letter sounds very sincere. I hope your sister is touched by it. I liked how you described the nature of your relationship. Perhaps it will help your sister to see you and Mike as two genuinely happy people. Best wishes for you and Mike, and your sister and family.

SNG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit