The big D can you help??

by brutusmaximus 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• brutusmaximus
    brutusmaximus

Hi

I haven't been to the hall in quite some time even though all my family are still in and I see some of the witnesses from time to time. I am not disfellowshipped and don't intend to be as I don't see why they should have the right to stop me talking to my folks. However one of my friends has just had the big D and is now regretting it. When I say regrets it he regrets the fact that he put his hands up came forward, admitted a wrong doing and they have now put him out. He lives on his own has very few friends outside the hall and wants to go back. What he didn't realise is that everyone of his former friends would avoid even looking at him, as he says I am still the same guy as I was last week. He got the big D for getting drunk by the way something I know happens all the tiome in the hall. I was wondering though does anyone have info on how to refute a disfellowshipping? I have looked at the scriptures 2 John, Corinthians 5 etc but I am finding it hard to offer any rebuttle to him on this can anyone help?

Many thanks and apologies for going on so long.

• kls
    kls

Someone posted the answer you are looking for, i think it was Ladylee. I am trying to find the post.

• brutusmaximus
    brutusmaximus

KLS

Thanks, it would be a great help if I could have a read at it. I won't change the world after having read it but at least it provides little bit more mental ammo for me.

Cheers

• Lostreality
    Lostreality

you're right, JW's do get drunk alot. but instead of admitting they have a problem, if they get caught, the put their dick between their legs and beg for mercy. This works for two purposes, one, it feeds the elders' "we are allmighty" complex, and two, leaves the person to get drunk again without any help.

• brutusmaximus
    brutusmaximus

Thats the thing he went for help and ended up out on his bum, I think they made an example of him to the cong so that it might shock some of them who didn't come forward.

So glad I am not in that maddness anymore.

• kls
    kls

Brut, i have looked and re-looked, i maybe overlooking it some where, hopefully someone else knows where it is. ,,,, Sorry

• kls
    kls

Look under Peacefulpetes , topic history. That is not what i am looking for but there is good info there.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: He got the big D for getting drunk by the way something I know happens all the tiome in the hall. I was wondering though does anyone have info on how to refute a disfellowshipping? I have looked at the scriptures 2 John, Corinthians 5 etc but I am finding it hard to offer any rebuttle to him on this can anyone help?

It's fairly easy to debunk the hypocrisy used by the WTS in its disfellowshipping practices.

1 Cor. 5:11 mentions only 6 reasons to not associate with a "brother":

1. Fornicators
    2. Greedy persons
    3. Idolators
    4. Revilers
    5. Drunkards
    6. Extortioners

If your friend did not make a practice of getting drunk, then he does not meet the standard in this verse. Getting drunk once or twice or even a half dozen times does not make one a "drunkard."

How about the fact that many congregations have morbidly obsese members (just like any other segment of society). Is not regular over-eating "greed?" How many porkos have been disfellowshiped for greed in your experience? I've never seen it happen.

For many decades and right up to this very day, the WTS is the epitome of a "reviler." Read the August 15, 1981 WTS and see what scurrilous things they say about former JWs. If calling people who had merely left the faith spiritual fornicators, mentally diseased, insane, suckers, liars, corrupt, leeches, cancer and worms is not reviling, what is? How about all the times the WTS has called other religions "whores" and "beast fornicators?"

Think of all the times threats have been made to JWs from their leaders that if they don't toe the line, they will lose the association from their own family members and friends. If that isn't extortion, what is?

Ask your friend to prove to you where INSTITUTIONALLY ENFORCED shunning is commanded in the Bible.

Since Jesus said that if one is not against him, that one is for him. That being the case, then on what scriptural basis can the WTS force families to cut off those who merely want to leave the religion. They are not "against" Jesus or the WTS, they just want to be left alone. Why does the WTS consider itself above the very words of Jesus himself?

Farkel

• Englishman
    Englishman
    If your friend did not make a practice of getting drunk, then he does not meet the standard in this verse. Getting drunk once or twice or even a half dozen times does not make one a "drunkard."

Whilst that is probably a correct assessment, I do know of a JW who masturbated only once yet he has been a wanker for all his life..

Englishman.

• metatron
    metatron

If your friend does have a drinking problem, I would recommend AA meetings.

He may make friends there who are superior to the Witnesses who abandoned him.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit