RUSSIA: Jehovah's Witness congress broken up

by Elsewhere 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Special K
    Special K

Wowsers..

I think I'll stay living in Canada. Lots of unrest over there.

Interesting,.. Garybuss. Jehovah gets credit for everything. No one is responsible for anything. I bet they blamed Satan for their refrigeration problems.

Special K

• garybuss
    garybuss

Jehovah can rent a Thermo King in Sioux Falls but he can not open an assembly in Russia . . . wonder why?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Well I feel bad for the Russian people all of them not just the JWs. On one hand I'm happy they can't meet at big assemblies no big deal. I think it may be a good thing,,hey the WT don't care about these people so the farther the goverment stop the WT the better they are a harmful cult after all.

I don't like to see peoples rights trampled but this WT is very bad for people it destroys families,,it causes people to loose their lives needlessly,,I think it will work out for the better.

• ballistic
    ballistic

What no-one has said is... put yourself in Witness shoes for a moment. You will feel even stronger, persecuted and more determined than ever because of this.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

sure someone did.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Oh yes, ok.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

What I would like to know is what is the likely hood of these Russian JWs having access to the internet?

The reson why i ask is they might be more inclind in the future look up info on the net about the org.

• Bryan
    Bryan

It's tough there.

My friend Oleg told me just two days ago that he had received a shipment from Brazil (he imports bathing suits). Some stuff was missing. I told him to talk to someone at the post office. He said, "Are you kidding me? They could bring me more trouble then I would ever want!" Just for going to the post office! Can you believe it?

Bryan

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Bryan,

Do lots of Russians had internet access?

• Bryan
    Bryan

I really couldn't say a number or percentage. I do know Oleg just had a phone line installed in his home, with the internet. He's lived there for years, and only now they can afford a phone. He had been going to a friends home to send email.

Bryan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit