How long would you like to live?

by JH 11 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

We think that 70 or 80 years old is quite old, but some think that science will make man live much longer.

http://www.helenair.com/articles/2003/08/13/opinions/a05081303_01.prt

Do you think science will eventually make man live to be a thousand years old or even more? But, wouldn't this create a problem somewhere...?

• ballistic
    ballistic

The population of the Moon and other planets will become inevitable and even that will not stop the licensing of births and automatic terminations. Too much sci-fi or just long term vision?

• ballistic
    ballistic

I would also like to add my own thoughts that the proposition that "the needs of the many out-weigh the needs of the few" is in actual fact, "the needs of the now, outweigh the needs of the future", and I propose that as a statement to many aspects of the current world, from decisions our politicians are taking, to pollution, environment in general, and population control.

• JAVA
    JAVA

The topic question of "How long would you like to live" caught my eye. As a JW, I would have said forever. I'm fairly sure most of us would have given the same answer (high-control groups always look and talk alike). Without going into science keeping us going until whenever, I believe I would like to live until life is no longer interesting/fun.

I don't know when that period will arrive, but I'm fairly sure physical health is a big factor. Indeed, if I had my health and lived to be 200, I'm sure I could find interesting and fun things to do. I hope to have 80 plus years of good to average health, but don't wish to spend years in a nursing home while others feed and wipe me.

Michael

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I would like to live as long as I still have a good quality of life... once my health deteriorates to the point that I have no quality of life I see no reason to stay alive.

• RR
    RR

I'm gonna live forever!

• dh
    dh

living forever on this earth as it is and as it develops naturally would be an interesting if not incomprehensible experience, especially if everyone else around you only had a 70 year lifespan. it would be something. i would do it.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

as long as I can do something and find some satisfaction somehow ... It is not a question that really bother me ... not my choice ... I just want some real satisfaction

• Sirius Dogma
    Sirius Dogma

As long as this shell I live in keeps functioning.

SD

• Gerard
    Gerard

Enough to see my grandchildren grow in an evironment of love and peace.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit