Does the Watchtower Society claim to be ?divinely appointed? and inspired?

by Daniel Michaels 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

That's very good information. Something I can use to explain my position, it's hard to argue that they speak with the authority of "god".

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista
    ?In contrast to the attitude of these elective elders was that of an elderly couple with whom I stayed on the outskirts of . The brother went down to get the mail before breakfast, and when we had breakfast he said, ?Brother Riemer, I got a new Watchtower this morning, and do you know the first thing that Ma and I do when we get that Tower? We kneel down before we take the wrapper off and ask Jehovah to make us worthy to see what the message is that Jehovah has for us. Now, before we take the wrapper off, will you kneel down and pray with us?? How different that elective elder was from this humble couple who appreciated Jehovah?s organization!?

I remember hearing of this story in later years at an assembly or meeting--the part about the elective elders was left out, but the part about the couple kneeling down was brought out to make the point of: How much do we appreciate the spiritual food provided for us by the faithful and discreet slave? I forgot about this all those years, but recalling it now,I remember it made me feel uncomfortable, because I didn't feel that way--I didn't appreciate the mags that much and didn't ever think they were worthy of my worship. But I just filed it away in the old memory banks and years later I am airing in out here in the light of day. What a crock.

Good bunch of info here. I will keep this one in the files in case I ever have an opportunity to give a "witness" about the true nature of the FDS.

• hubert
    hubert

Looks to me like the elderly couple were "idolizing" the Watchtower magazine.

Good post, Danielle.

• kls
    kls

DM , great post , this one will stay in my files. Good work

• heathen
    heathen

I guess they might be disappointed to find out that the WTBTS is now claiming not to be divinely inspired . They do more than claim to speak for God they claim that the only way to salvation is to obey every word they print . The great crowd now has the mediator of the faithful and discrete slave rather than jesus christ . It is disgusting how they twist words and beliefs .

• Daniel Michaels
    Daniel Michaels

Greetings group

I do give anyone here permission to use any of my articles where ever they want. That is why I place them online, for any one to read, agree, or disagree with. thanks for all your comments. There are a few other things that I would like to point out about this issue.

When we evaluate the text which Moses warns us about a person who claims to be a prophet, note exactly what the claim is that is being made in the text

*** Rbi8 Deuteronomy 18:20-22 ***
    20 ??However, the prophet who presumes to speak in my name a word that I have not commanded him to speak or who speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet must die. 21 And in case you should say in your heart: ?How shall we know the word that Jehovah has not spoken?? 22 when the prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah and the word does not occur or come true, that is the word that Jehovah did not speak. With presumptuousness the prophet spoke it. You must not get frightened at him.?

Thus, this person is simply called a ?prophet.? The bible does not make a distinction between an inspired prophet, and an uninspired prophet in this text, the person is simply called ?prophet.? Second, it is stated that the ?prophet? ?presumes to speak in my name.? That is all that the bible tells us. We as Chirstians need to be alert to persons claiming to be a ?prophet? and who also claims to ?speak in the name of Jehovah.? If we have a situation in which a person or group of people claim both to be a prophet and to speak in the name of Jehovah, then Deuteronomy 18 would in fact apply to them, and we are to look and see if ?the word does not occur or come true.?

This is the biblical message, it is clear and simple. There are two simple things that the Bible talks about this ?prophet.?

1. He is called ?prophet?
    2. He claims to speak in Jehovah?s name.

We are told by Christ that there will be many false prophets. There is no doubt about it, there are those claiming to be Christians who are in fact False Prophets. If we have a group, such as the Watchtower organization, who claims both?.

1. To be a prophet.
    2. To speak in the name of Jehovah

then Deuteronomy 18 is applicable on them, if what they will say or have said does not in fact come true. It is that simple. That is what the bible teaches, you can either accept it, or reject it, but there is no getting around that the bible teaches it, and that which the bible warns us concerning is exactly what the Watchtower religion claims, both to be a prophet, and to speak in the name of Jehovah. The evidence is well documented.

For the WT apologist to say that the WT does not claim to be inspired is beyond the point, and is trying to split hairs, since they are trying to say that since they are not inspired, this text does not apply to them. The article that I presented earlier documents that when they say this, they are speaking out of both sides of their mouth, since they do claim to be ?divinely appointed? and that ?Jehovah sent? them, and to ?have been anointed with His spirit for their work.? Thus, they are claiming to have been ?divinely appointed? and sent by Jehovah to ?speak in his name and by His authority,? what else could the ?prophet? in Deuteronomy 18 have said about himself?

As it turns out, the ?prophet? in Deuteronomy 18, like the WT also claims, was not ?inspired? either. Since his word did not come true, it is obvious that Jehovah was in fact not using him as a channel of information. But evidently he was misleading God?s people by making the claim to be a prophet sent by Jehovah and speaking in his name. However, what he said did not come to pass.

I wonder if any prophet in biblical times ever thought of trying what the WT does, in saying after what he said turned out false, ?oh, yeah, but I meant that I was an uninspired prophet.? It is simply amazing that so many persons, true to Christ words, have followed a group that, more than most any other group, has left a paper trail of evidence which proves that Deuteronomy 18 and the warnings there are still occurring. Since the WT religion has indeed fulfilled the biblical requirements given in this text, now a person needs to look critically at the historic record of that ?prophet? who is claiming to ?speak in Jehovah?s name? to see if all they have said has come to pass, or if they have and are speaking falsehood in the name of Jehovah. Deuteronomy 18 is still bearing true witness against all persons claiming to be ?prophets? sent by Jehovah, and we need to keep spiritually awake, not allowing ourselves to be mislead by persons how have sit themselves in the house of God, and who make lofty claims of divine authority, but whose teachings are not coming to pass.

Free in Christ,

Daniel Michaels

[email protected]

• little witch
    little witch

Thankyou Daniel for your work and generousity

You have provided a very good work without judgement, and I am greatful.

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

Daniel,

As you've pointed out! They do indeed claim to be "spirit directed," but not "inspired," which they restrict to Bible-writers only. However, it is a difference without any distinction in my opinion!

Hey-man! Welcome to the board!

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

This is what the Watchtower Society claims:

* Jehovah does not directly communicate with anyone today.

* Jehovah is using the Watchtower Society and the Faithful and Discreet Slave Class as His only "channel of communication".

* It is actually only the Governing Body of the Faithful and Discreet Slave that is the "channel", not the whole Slave Class.

* Jehovah has never given any dreams or visions to the Governing Body, and they do not hear voices (I can post quotes upon request).

* Yet, Jehovah still communicates to the Governing Body in a mysterious, unexplainable way, using (1) His active force, (2) the anointed ones who died and are in heaven, (3) Michael the Archangel, (4) the other angels.

* The Governing Body is not infallible, is not inspired, is not perfect, can be deceived, can make mistakes and errors, can be wrong.

* The Governing Body has suggested dates for Armageddon in the past that were wrong.

* The Governing Body's motives are always pure.

* The Governing Body is a "prophet" that speaks in Jehovah's Name and interprets the Scriptures.

* The Bible cannot be understood without the Watchtower Society explaining it to us.

* If you disobey the fallible, imperfect, non-inspired Governing Body, you can and will be Disfellowshipped or Disassociated (shunned by all Jehovah's Witnesses).

• lawrence
    lawrence

Now come on, who is kidding who; the GB, "they don't hear voices." Someone must be hearing voices to pen all the falsehoods propogated by the group. I say these bastards should be stoned, not picketed. Then again, it's a shame that with all their stolen wealth they couldn't rustle together enough dough for a pack of rolling papers and stop hearing those same voices of the false prophet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit