by Leolaia 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hey, Brooklyn, you got that?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Leo,

That's what I think has happened:

Doesn't sound like he thinks he could face reproof or disfellowshipping for what he's doing. I wonder if he has actually been given tacit permission by his elders or DO/CO.
    He must have spoke with the elders and perhaps they have itimated to him what action would be taken if he was planning to Box indefinitely,,, in effect letting him know it should be temparary. I think the WT is afraid of bad publicity and will bend the rules to avoid it. They may have felt that some day he would be famous and so stay a way from the public eye in the shunning issue.
  • metatron
    metatron

Maybe they don't want to disfellowship a professional boxer!

Brother Window-Washer: "Well, it's obvious to us that you can no longer be considered one of Jehovah's Witnesses"

Brother Vanzie: "and that means what?"

Brother Window-Washer: "You're disfellowshipped"

Brother Vanzie: "Here's my reply, brother!"

Brother Window-Washer: ( thud)

Brother Vanzie: "Any of you other cheese-cracker men want some o' dis?"

Brother Nepotist: " Uh, I think we may need to reconsider this case"

metatron

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    Brother Window-Washer: ( thud)

This happens all too infrequently in the congregations.

Walter

• Tashawaa
    Tashawaa

Metatron - ROFLMAO... I almost blew milk out of my nose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• The Thinker
    The Thinker

Firstly. Is he batized? some who aren't batized still call themsleves JW's or mormons or whatever, if they like that religion.

IT WOULDN'T SURPRISE ME IF HE IS, BECAUSE ITS ALLWAYS UP THE THE BODY OF ELDERS, THEY REALLY ARE A LAW TO THEMSELVES. IF HE IS GOOD FREINDS WITH THE P.O. OR THE REST OF THE ELDERS, THEY'LL LET HIM GET AWAY WITH ANYTHING.

• minimus
    minimus

Let's assume he's got a legal contract for x amt. of yrs. This can buy him some real time!

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

Depends on what his record is....is he a "Leon Spinks" or a Sugar Ray Leonard. Hey, the money talks.

Ern

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I did some reading about this guy's career. Although he started boxing in 1995, he burst on the national UK scene in 1999 with a "five-point plan" and became the commenwealth champion in his category in 1999 and boxed with some big names from the US on the international scene. Then he slipped up in 2002 and 2003 and he said he wasted five months of his life that year as he sank in the rankings. Now he's making a comeback.

He sounds like a courteous, nice guy in his comments about other players, complimenting some on their techniques and what not. Yet it is funny to read his occasional intimidating comments to his rivals, and imagine a dub saying those tough-talking things. :)))

One article I read said that he was a clerk or something to that effect when he began boxing but once he won a commenwealth championship, he quit his job and became a full-time professional boxer. That was in 2000. I don't know if he was a dub at the time, but interesting if in fact he was!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Hmmmmm.....This is interesting.....

Vanzie's brother is in the boxing business....he's a member of the British Boxing Board of Control (BBBC), according to the following link:

http://www.ibopboxing.com/a_articles/article__july_2_2004__payne.asp

So I wonder if boxing is in his family...and he had that as his career when he became a witness and the elders just accepted his career, rather accepting him as a convert than pressing the issue....

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Vanzie - has revenge in mind this weekend

http://www.sportinglife.com/boxing/news/story_get.dor?STORY_NAME=boxing/04/06/04/manual_120907.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit