BRAINWASHING ON BLOOD ISSUE FROM SUNDAY'S WT

by tresbella 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Tresbella,

You just gave me a new thought (thanks!). You said:

Blood being taken in by the pagans for medical reasons most likely meant they consumed it by drinking it since obvioulsy, blood tranfusions did not exsist during those times. And we all know drinking blood is not that same as taking it in.

Voila! Drinking blood does no good as medicine, it seems, because it goes through the digestive tract with all the acid and breakdown. But intravenously is very different! The same with organ transplants, I presume: if you ate a kidney, what good would that be, but transplanted... Cannibalism is against all law, but not organ transplants. Likewise, drinking blood wouldn't be of any use, but IV-"transplanted" would.

This post doesn't make sense, but somehow it does to me.

Pat

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

There is not blood doctrine it is all fake. PR only. Yeah you might name some one you knew that died because they did not have blood, but as far as watchtower policy there is no blood policy. It is no different that a beer comerical.

If you die refusing blood then it is seen as martrydom. It got so bad that unbaptized and dfed people in our area was refusing blood and filling out cards and dpa's so they could live normal lives and unpon their deaths be ressurected (yeah I know they changed this 1995). The brothers in fear of mass exodus started giving local talks down playing the blood issue saying that abstaining from blood alone does not absolve past transgressions.In general dying fighting blood is a good thing it makes a great coping mechanism. It is like a viking that looses his life in battle yet still gets to Valhalla.

The real blood doctrine is rufuse blood when convient, but if expose your self to liablity let the blood run free. This even works for adult individuals destroy your blood card and DPA and see what happens if you are incapacitated.

• shadow
    shadow

willyloman:

How did HLC members respond to those who chose to have no alternative treatments or fractions whatsoever?

I have pasted below what I find to be a fascinating exchange among JW's somehow involved in the 'no blood' effort:

NoBlood.org - Cell-salvage, Irradiation + Jehovah's Witnesses

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Just curious: Isn't blood considered, in medical jargon, to be an organ? Wasn't sure about that one...

Just like a cell of a human may be a tooth, blood, hair, skin cell, it' still *human.* How can that policy possibly make sense to these people?

Country Girl

• shadow
    shadow

I'll try it again.

NoBlood.org - Cell-salvage, Irradiation + Jehovah's Witnesses

09-18-2003, 09:09 AM
    John Viney

At a recent medical conference, a case was put concerning a female Jehovah's Witness patient with extensive hip osteosarcoma undergoing hemipelvectomy, who consented to the use of blood salvage with irradiation. The medical argument was irradiation over leucodepletion filters, the filters only reducing cancerous cells whereas irradiation eliminating the cells completely.
    The interesting thing for me as a Patient Representative was what was involved in irradiation. The doctor explained that up to 3 units were processed by being transferred to an irradiation bag, labelled for identification, irradiated at another location outside the operating theatre and returned to the theatre for re-transfusion within 10 to 30 minutes. During questions after the lecture, another doctor raised the point that this procedure was not acceptable to Jehovah's Witnesses, but the speaker assured the audience that it was. (There is a potential 'spiritual' aspect which I would be happy to continue privately by email)
    Have any directors or managers of bloodless centres had this situation and is irradiation in use with cell-salvage in USA (This case was from Europe)

09-18-2003, 09:38 AM
    Jo Valenti

Hi John, I heard that same presentation. I had the same questions about it. So I initiated a conversation with Jorge Martinez who also was in the room and heard the presentation. Jorge and I agreed that since there is nowhere in print any actual length of time requirements and in this case, the blood is not removed for storage but for a procedure being done to it, some Jehovah's Witness patients might not object to it.
    That being said, I wonder how I would explain it to a patient.....
    Jo

09-18-2003, 10:45 AM
    Todd Hofmeister

The Explanation to a Jehovah's Witness is that this is part of an ONGOING THERAPYand that the blood is not stored at any time. The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society leaves these decisions up to the individual. As a result, some will accept this procedure and others will not.

09-19-2003, 06:59 AM
    Deb Arceneaux

Mr. Viney: This is an interesting subject. According to your description, this is part of an on-going therapy and is therefore a personal decision for a Jehovah's Witness. In the USA, the Witnesses' Durable Power of Attorney for Healthcare no longer describes conscience matter(s) for them being part of a 'continuous loop' but part of an "ongoing therapy". This could include such alternatives as platelet gel, tagging, and others. I hope this helps answer your concern.

09-19-2003, 02:02 PM
    jvarisco

Hi Jo & John,
    I had the same feelings about the patient's blood leaving the room. I had the opportunity to eat dinner with the physician who spoke on this occasion and presented the case. I happened to be the only Jehovah's Witness at the table, so I daringly posed the question to the physician. He said that he went over the whole process with the patient and with her "clergyman" (who I assumed was on the HLC), and the patient agreed to the process involved. I told the physician that possibly different patients might object to that process, so don't be thrown off guard if that happens. Each individual has to make a personal choice, since the Bible does not consider all the medical interventions that exist today. The personal decisions a Jehovah's Witness makes concerning how their blood is to be treated becomes a matter of sacredness.
    Some patients, even after viewing the "No Blood" video, object to cellsalvage, so I guess just explaining the process in plain terms and allowing the patient to make a totally informed decision is the only way to go.
    I'm so glad others were concerned with this process and voiced that concern.
    Jessica Varisco
    Blood Conservation Program Coordinator
    Houston, TX
    Houston, TX

09-22-2003, 01:25 PM
    DanFriedman

I agree with all comments made, and they are in accord with my last conversation with H.I.S. I'm just not sure when the "issue" changed from "blood leaving the body" to "storage"...
    Regards,
    Dan Friedman
    Bloodless Healthcare Development

09-23-2003, 02:00 PM
    rjbsec

These posts reminds me that one of the dangers in liaison with JW patient and medical staff, that we must be ever aware of, is perhaps in trying to "justify" (if that is not too strong a word) the use of any form of treatment. It is so easy for us to find a solution to a problem by telling one of our brothers or sisters that a procedure, is in effect, "okay" because of another Witness having accepted it or "the Society says it's okay" etc. Indeed some of our brothers might WANT us to tell them that it is okay!
    Guidance received to date seems to indicate that a full and detailed explanation of the procedure involved is the best way to help our brothers decide. This, together with a review of scriptural principles and the latest guidance from the Society, provides them with the means to decide about treatment options for them. Prayerful consideration by the patient of both the procedure and the scriptural position then allows them to make an informed decision on the basis of their own conscience, rather then being swayed by the conscience of another (either for or against) and feeling regret afterwards.
    ?But if he has doubts, he is already condemned if he eats, because he does not eat out of faith. Indeed, everything that is not out of faith is sin.? (Rom. 14:23) The apostle directs this remark to those professing to be Christians, not to unbelievers. What a person does should be something that in no way makes his conscience uncomfortable. If his conscience is bothered, he is self-condemned. And he should constantly strive for a clear picture of the Christian faith, so as to achieve a more balanced conscience. While not all things that a Christian does have a direct connection with the proclamation of the ?good news,? what he does, even in recreation and relaxation, he does with the view of upbuilding himself and others."
    Teaching grandmother to suck eggs maybe, but still a useful reminder.

09-24-2003, 12:00 PM
    jbwade

Hmmm

I think we are treading on a slippery slope by discussing anecdotal comments or conversations with HIS. The lastest information occurring in the October 15 'Questions From Readers' is the last word I know of on this subject.
    I am attaching it.
    Here are a couple of statement from the article. The word stored is used because PAD is being discussed. Is it possible that blood can be poured out and then reinfused if it is done in the name of an "ongoing medical prodedure"? I lean toward the "if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck its probably a duck" school of thought. Also a rose by any other name is still a rose is it not?
    "Occasionally, a doctor will urge a patient to deposit his own blood weeks before surgery (preoperative autologous blood donation, or PAD) so that if the need arises, he could transfuse the patient with his own stored blood. However, such collecting, storing, and transfusing of blood directly contradicts what is said in Leviticus and Deuteronomy.
    Blood is not to be stored; it is to be poured out?returned to God, as it were. Granted, the Mosaic Law is not in force now. Nevertheless, Jehovah?s Witnesses respect the principles God included in it, and they are determined to ?abstain from blood.? Hence, we do not donate blood, nor do we store for transfusion our blood that should be ?poured out.? That practice conflicts with God?s law..." "Other procedures or tests involving an individual?s own blood are not so clearly in conflict with God?s stated principles. For instance, many
    Christians have allowed some of their blood to be withdrawn for testing or analysis, after which the sample is discarded. Other more complex procedures involving one?s blood may also be recommended." "There are also tests in which a quantity of blood is withdrawn in order to tag it or to mix it with medicine, whereupon it is put back into the patient." "The details may vary, and new procedures, treatments, and tests will certainly be developed. It is not our place to analyze each variation and render a decision. A Christian must decide for himself how his own blood will be handled in the course of a surgical procedure, medical test, or current therapy. Ahead of time, he should obtain from the doctor or technician the facts about what might be done with his blood during the procedure. Then he must decide according to what his conscience permits."
    Attached Files
    w00 10 QR.doc (25.5 KB, 16 views)
    Seattle, WA
    Skype me!
    Last edited by jbwade : 09-24-2003 at 04:09 PM.

09-24-2003, 03:25 PM
    John Viney

Thank you for your comments concerning cell-salvaged blood, irradiation and the issue for Jehovah's Witnesses. This medical experience highlights the point made in the Q from R article, "The details may vary, and new procedures, treatments, and tests will certainly be developed".
    A "new procedure" is now being offered and no doubt will be available to many more patients as it gains acceptance in the medical world.
    What about the next point: "It is not our place to analyze each variation and render a decision. A Christian must decide for himself how his own blood will be handled in the course of a surgical procedure, medical test, or current therapy. ...Then he must decide
    according to what his conscience permits." This is the definitive answer. As Patient Representatives on HLC's we sometimes have to hear doctors explain their prefered choice of treatment to patients so the patient can decide what to accept or decline. The maxim still applies 'Doctors advise, Patients decide'. If the above 'procedure' was offered and accepted by a Jehovah's Witness patient, it would fall into the parameters of the above Q from R. We may not choose such an option, but it IS an option that they can choose. The bottom line is this: If the patient agreed to irradiate cell-salvaged blood by removing it to another location and then returning it for re-infusion during the course of an operation, no form of Judicial action would be taken and hence would be acceptable if that is their decision.
    It was my intention just to bring to the forefront that this procedure is being offered so that when it is discussed with doctors, we give a unified response: That response is "It is up to the patient to decide."
    Finally , my actual question on this thread was "Is this procedure currently being offered in USA? The case came from Europe and I wondered if it was available over there?

09-24-2003, 04:12 PM
    jbwade

irradiation
    I haven't seen it here in Fresno, California.
    Seattle, WA
    Skype me!

09-25-2003, 03:14 PM
    Vernon

Irradiation is something I heard about at a conference in the Netherlands last year. Dr. Hansen (from Germany) gave an excellent lecture on his experience with the technique. I came home hopeful that some of the US hospitals would consider this as an option in cancer surgery, however the response has been somewhat disappointing, yet realistic. The logistics of sending blood to the blood bank (as the majority of hospitals do not have irradiators in the OR), irradating, and sending back is problematic. First, who is the runner, second, what if the irradiator is in use, third the turn-around time back to OR and finally another transporter. And, with all of this, you have the potential for human error and the reduced amount of time you now have to reinfuse the blood. In the discussion at the SABM conference, the US physicians agreed. It is possible that one of the major cancer centers may have experimented with this technique, however I am not aware of any published literature on the process. Highlighting, once again, that Europe reaches beyond the confines of the FDA.

09-29-2003, 03:45 PM
    John Viney

Sorry - I have a virus
    In my first posting I suggested that anyone wanting a private discussion contact me through e-mail. My computer has had a virus and I have not been able to access my e-mails for a week. I mention this in case anyone did contact me and I have not replied. I CAN access the private message on this site until I get the 'bug' sorted, if you dont mind re-sending.
    Thanks John Viney
  • willyloman
    willyloman
    How did HLC members respond to those who chose to have no alternative treatments or fractions whatsoever?

Last time we talked, it hadn't happened. He's very persuasive! I'll ask. I can tell you at a meeting called by the HLC with area elders and their wives, attended by about 150 dubs, the HLC elder walked us thru the "acceptable" alternatives available and at the end of his one hour presentation, asked for a show of hands as to who would avail themselves of the WTS-sanctioned procedures. There was a sea of hands. "Alright," he said, "How many would NOT?" One elder and his wife raised their hands. They, of course, were instantly dismissed by the majority as a pair of whack jobs.

• waiting
    waiting

Thanks, jgnat!

Waiting, you MUST be referring to Hawkaw. Here are some of his threads on Blood:

Alert on Blood Refusal - Shunned Father http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/16/30210/1.ashx

Jehovah approves of Blood and Gives Pictures http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/20949/1.ashx

Cow?s Blood Substitute http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/19675/1.ashx

Worth repeating the clicks.........btw, there's a fabulous thread with Maximus in it where the WTBTS is quoting in print a doctor who states that blood is an ORGAN (Watch or Awake). Max's interpretation of that was that it was NO mistake on the WT's part......they want it in print so that if they're ever sued for encouraging people to die, they can point to those types of statements and say "See? We stated that blood is an ORGAN, and jw's have been accepting organ transplants for decades. We can't help it if local jw's are over zealous."

It's called "covering your ass if you get caught." Remember the 1975 end of world scenario?

Hawkaw and Maximus have absolutely brilliant information about the ancient history of blood transfusions......bringing it up to current day......and the WTBTS coverup. Well worth reading.

waiting

• archangel01
    archangel01

The never ending story LOL JW on blood.

I love paul's words in 1 Timothy cha.1 vs 3,4 3 As I urged you when I was on my way to Macedonia, stay on where you are at Ephesus in order that you may warn and admonish and charge certain individuals not to teach any different doctrine, 4 Nor to give importance to or occupy themselves with legends (fables, myths) and endless genealogies, which foster and promote useless speculations and questionings rather than acceptance in faith of God's administration and the divine training that is in faith ( [1] in that leaning of the entire human personality on God in absolute trust and confidence)-- (AMP BIBLE).

Also like Jesus said He (not the wtbts) is the WAY, the TRUTH, and the LIFE. John 14:6

Also the ''sister'' who said "it is not right to say Jesus died for me'' Needs to Read Romans Cha 6. Jesus died for All the sins in/of the world and for Your Personal sins as well, remember adam/eve are not responsible for the sins YOU commit in your life time, that's on YOU and Only Christ can save YOU from your sins Romans said it all that YES Jesus takes away our sins Personally.also see Hebrews 2:9. Plus what Jesus said in John cha 6 & 8

John 6 29 Jesus replied, This is the work (service) that God asks of you: that you believe in the One Whom He has sent [that you cleave to, trust, rely on, and have faith in His Messenger].

John 8 24 That is why I told you that you will die in (under the curse of) your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He [Whom I claim to be--if you do not adhere to, trust in, and rely on Me], you will die in your sins.

Romans 5:21

so that, just as sin reigned in death, so also grace might reign through righteousness to bring eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
    (Whole Chapter: Romans 5 In context: Romans 5:20-22)
    Romans 6:3
    Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?
    (Whole Chapter: Romans 6 In context: Romans 6:2-4)
    Romans 6:4
    We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.
    (Whole Chapter: Romans 6 In context: Romans 6:3-5)
    Romans 6:5
    If we have been united with him like this in his death, we will certainly also be united with him in his resurrection.
    (Whole Chapter: Romans 6 In context: Romans 6:4-6)
    Romans 6:9
    For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him.
    (Whole Chapter: Romans 6 In context: Romans 6:8-10)

Scripture always proves the cults like the jw's etc Wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

Um...so what's their new light on blood?

Sorry. I couldn't read all your posts. Red letters make my eyes sore. One thing I remember is that when I was a jw, they said we should emphasize Jesus death, but not as much on his resurrection. They said it was one of the reasons why they don't have their own version of Easter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit