Does any one know what C T Russell died from??

by frankiespeakin 49 Replies latest jw friends

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Part of PSL Johnson euligy:

He was always on the alert to encourage others; and no Pilgrim left his presence without being encouraged, if he was in an encourageable condition of heart and mind. When correction was needed, it was given with the greatest tact and leniency, allowances being made for good intentions. Whenever he had any changes to make, promotions or demotions in the service, they were made not from personal reasons, but because of the principles in the Heavenly Father's Word. His course was that of completely sinking his will into the Lord's will and of searching to find out what that will was in relation to each Pilgrim, that he might be able the better to help him in the good work. Whenever a dismissal from the work had been arranged for, it was done in the most tactful and quiet way, that others would not need to realize the reason, nor the Pilgrim experience unnecessary pain. The person was in a

::R6007 : page 368::

very gentle and loving way invited to enter some other field of activity, to the glory of God and his own profit.

His attitude toward the Pilgrim work was one full of encouragement to the Pilgrims. One of his greatest services to them was his example of faithful service. This influenced them in many ways, even in tone and gesture. Undoubtedly the Pilgrims will remember with joy the thought that as his first Harvest work was that of a Pilgrim, so his last Harvest labor was Pilgrim work.

But we are not to think that his official relation to the Pilgrims was all there was in his relation to them. He was not an official simply, nor one that no one could approach. He was a most lovable and considerate person, always inviting confidence. In addition to his official relation he sustained a many-sided personal relation to the Pilgrims. First of all, he was like a faithful father to them. Not having natural children, he was blessed by the Lord in begetting many spiritual children with the Truth; even as the Apostle Paul said he did in the case of many. Brother Russell introduced many people into the Lord's family, and not a few of the Pilgrims were among these. A Pilgrim recently remarked, "I never consciously had a father, until I entered the Pilgrim service and came in direct contact with Brother Russell."

• Corvin
    Corvin

I heard Rutherford put a pillow over Russell's face while he slept.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Maybe he had the dropsy, chillblains, or vapors. Those seemed to be the most popular diseases of his time.

Country Girl

• z2ara
    z2ara

And where did he actually die anyway?

On his way to NY or while travelling still in Texas?

Or in his bed?

one message says it was a sudden death, so what was the reality?

it looks all misty to me.

• wednesday
    wednesday

do u suppose he died from a systemic infection r/t the cystitis?

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Knowing that he led a celibate life, he probably had prostate cancer

• Undecided
    Undecided

He died from being decended from Adam, anyone should know that. Even though the ransom had been paid, the Kingdom was established in heaven and he was one of the chosen, God couldn't resist killing on more human.

Ken P.

• TD
    TD

I don't know any delicate way to say this, so I'll just blurt it out.

At the time, "Cystitis" was a catch-all term that encompassed all manner of urinary tract ailments. This would have included everything from common bladder infections to gonorrhoea.

This has led some people to speculate, perhaps unfairly, that a fatal case of cystitis was likely something more serious than an idiopathic bladder infection.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

he died of aids didnt he?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

All the articles I'm reading about cystitis don't show it to be fatal. They do say that it is spread by sexual intercourse but not by intercourse alone.

The WT articles about Russell's "heroic" death seem to be very positive and no hint of negativity. One could rightly expect them to be very biased and to omit anything negative. Therefore not the best way to find ourt for sure what he died of.

If one reads CTR's articles you will notice he never admits to any evil actions, and he vigiorously attacts his detractors as on Satans side or just plain evil abitious persons up to no good,,in fact the impression given in his wrtten defense concerning his wife is that every action of CTR was alway in harmony with love and kindness. To me anyway he gives the impression of a self deluded individual,, that could not even be honest to himself. I think these types of personalities repress any evil desire and deny they even exist,, which usually leads to big trouble psychologically. I wonder if such denial and suppression actually may have made him more prone to sexual urges.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit