Guns in church

by onacruse 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Robdar
    Robdar

Ona,

I don't see how it's a conflict. If the church doesn't want fire arms inside, so what? It isn't like the government is telling them that they can't carry a gun into the church. It's the church's decision. If I don't want a firearm in my house, is it a violation? You can't carry a fire arm into a court house. Is this a conflict too?

Sorry, but I do not agree with you that there is a conflict.

Robyn

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    Consitutionally, where is there a limit? What territory, circumstance, or "house" is precluded from that "right"?

You could argue the same about the right to free speech. Of course, you wouldn't once you understand the limits under which those rights apply.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Well, since I don't go to church, or own a gun, then I guess I'm pretty safe, eh? LOL

The point is that ethical, religious, Constitutional, and moral issues often get tangled, and mangled, by real-life situations.

Who is to say what is right or wrong? One person could appeal to a fundamentalist interpretation of the Bible, and demand that carrying a weapon of destruction into a church is an absolute violation of the spirit of Christianity.

Another person could say that killing 'infidels' is sanctioned, and even encouraged, by Allah, and using whatever means necessary to achieve that goal is sacrosanct, and will be amply rewarded.

So how do "I," as a Christian, justify carrying a concealed weapon into a Christian church, with the specific intent of pulling out that weapon and blowing the brains out of some person that has 50# of C4 strapped around his waist?

otoh, if I did so, would the "Christian" members of my church praise me for so doing?

• heathen
    heathen

onacruse--- I would guess it depends on the church .It sounds like the church being mentioned here would probly approve of you shooting a terrorist .

I do think that the fundamental christian view would be not to have a gun in church .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit