Mountain bikers... Any Suggestions???? *fluff*

by shamus 13 Replies latest jw friends

• shamus
    shamus

Special K,

You should see the special bikes that they use just for tri-athalons. I got to see one where I used to live, and WOW!

Yeah, it was like feather light, and looked like it was moulded to fit like an air-craft. They also had an interesting story in the British Columbia news yesterday how they designed Lance's suit that he uses for the tour-de-france.

They could not put a price on how much it cost them to develop it. The front had dimples like a golf ball, while the back of the suit was smooth, so as not to trap the air. They developed it at UBC. They also develop suits for other sports, such as rowers and other silly boring sports.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Hi Shamus,

I did a google search and there are a lot of mountain biking websites where you can get some valuable information on what bike to buy, componants, price and ect...It usually works out cheaper to buy the frame and parts and build your own bike too, if you have the time and inclination to do so. Oh yeah gotta get Magura disc brakes, I hear they are the best hastle free disc brakes made.

Sounds like you have your heart set on another Kona, check out their website too. Happy hunting, just be sure to check out your LBS and do a test ride before you plunk down big bucks on a bike.

Oh and that comment Craig made about Lance and mountain biking, it's true a couple of years ago he tried the mountain biking circuit and it wasn't for him. We all know roadies don't belong on the trail, eh?

Let us know what you get okay.

Kate

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

If you have the money I would tell you what I did:

I bought a hardtail Litespeed Titanium with no disk brakes.

The full suspension I bought & like is a cannondale. They are stable & ride like a cloud

On the litespeed I've had quite a few spills & nothing has happened to it except the derailler

On the Cannondale since it is aluminum there are dings and pings

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface
    Any Suggestions???? *fluff*

well take care where and how you park the bike !!! ... Or take one that nobody wants

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit