Is JW all doom and gloom?

by uninitiated 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• the mole
    the mole

totally agree with all of you..im 38 and still suffer from relationship issues like you stated..its hard.. when i started dating again after i left guilt followed me..then when i met my girlfriend of one year she couldnt take it that i had a hard time with christmas and her familys presbeterian faith...i tried but since i was raised in the org and not the truth my mind has been infected and still healing...being single may be my only alternative..i doubt any woman will have the patients to deal with the brainwashing i suffered....

• kls
    kls

Yes and they make more doom and gloom then their really is , that is to say they exploit and fabricate to make thier followers see that jws have the only answer and the only way for happyness is through them. You are considered a wordly person ,A jw is to marry and stay with their own kind so the elders must not know he is dating you.

• wednesday
    wednesday

wow gary, your brother has a cog missing. That is the most bizzare thing i have ever heard, and I have heard some nutty stuff form jws.

• uninitiated
    uninitiated

How incredibly sad. I assume that my active interest in the community, opinions on politics, and the fact that stand up for what I think is right is only working to my detriment in this relationship. I find it sad that his religion, which I thought was supposed to bring people together, is really the only thing that is pulling us apart.

• kls
    kls

is really the only thing that is pulling us apart. Yup, try being married to one , you will believe in hell on earth.

• uninitiated
    uninitiated

He was at my house last weekend and referred to me as a friend while speaking on the phone. He later told me that he was breaking the rules by seeing me in private and he could not tell the members of his congregation about me.

• uninitiated
    uninitiated

He talks about marriage, yet I haven't met a single person close to him. He has told me that he has bought the ring, but that until I make some serious changes (which ain't gonna happen) he cannot propose. It's like a control tactic. I am beginning to understand things a whole lot better. thank you all for your input thus far.

• kls
    kls

My advise as to i am sure most here , stop seeing him to prevent heartache . When the elders do find out ,he will have to stay away from you.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Welcome to the forum uninitiated!

The things he tells me leads me to believe that their beliefs espouse doing nothing to better the world as it is hopeless, and all is coming to an end anyway

Actually, the end was supposed to come in 1975.

*** Awake! October 8 1968 pp. 14-15 ***[Note: not available on 1993/1995/1999 CD-ROM]

6,000 Years Nearing Completion […] The fact that fifty-four years of the period called the 'last days' have already gone by is highly significant. It means that only a few years, at most, remain before the corrupt system of things dominating the earth is destroyed by God. Today, many years later, we may ask, What does the phrase 'the immediate future' mean? How many years are 'a few years at most'? […] According to reliable Bible chronology, Adam and Eve were created in 4026 B.C.E.. There is another way that helps confirm the fact that we are living in the final few years of this 'time of the end.' (Dan. 12:9) The Bible shows that we are nearing the end of a full 6,000 years of human history. What significance does this have? When God gave his laws to ancient Israel, one of those laws involved keeping the sabbath day holy. On the seventh day of the week there was to be no labor. The people were to rest from all their toil. (Ex 20:8-11) The Bible states that 'the Law has a shadow of the good things to come.' - Heb. 10:1. Revelation chapter 20, verse 6, shows that God's heavenly kingdom will rule over the earth for one thousand years after the end of this system of things. That millennium will bring a sabbath-like rest to the earth and all those then inhabiting it. Hence, the first six thousand years since man's creation could be likened to the first six days of the week in ancient Israel. The seventh one-thousand-year period could be likened to the seventh day, the sabbath, of that week. - 2 Pet. 3:8. How fitting it would be for God, following this pattern, to end man's misery after six thousand years of human rule and follow it with His glorious Kingdom rule for a thousand years! .. only seven more years from the autumn of 1968 to complete 6,000 full years of human history. That seven-year period will evidently finish in the autumn of the year 1975[…] Concerning political instability, former U.S. Secretary of State Dean Acheson said in 1960: 'I know enough of what is going on to assure you that, in 15 years from today (or, by 1975), this world is going to be too dangerous to live in.' […]
  • XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

All this comes stems from the belief that satanis some invisible mafia boss running the world. And when satan and his organization becomes visible to fight Jesus in the 2nd coming all the non JWs will join satan. Why? I have no idea, but the watchtower sincerely believes that most people alive today will openly choose to serve Satan if they had a choose. Is this realistic no.

The whole JW isolation doctrine is built on a falacy most JWs dont understand because the watchtower does not like to explain anymore why JWs should be "no part of the world". I am sure you can ask your boy friend pointed questions about everyone gleefuly joining satans army (Gog of magog in JW speak) and him suspecting you of of going on a JW hunting spree killing in the near future.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit