What is the safest way to kill (er...displace) a skunk?

by confusedjw 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

A friend and I have actually caught the skunk in a pet cage and drove it dorwn the road to the conservation area where we released it.

We placed some food in the cage to lure it in during the night and had it rigged to close once he was in. (or she - we didn't check).

In the morning we leaded the skunk into the car and drove down the road. it was very easy. The skunk didn't spray us because he was in a closed container and he would have gotten the worst of it. And then we cautiously let him out. Happy to be free he just wandered off.

Now to find the picture of me letting him go

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

AHA I found not one but two pics. Seems he was a little shy to leave the cage

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

You are a brave woman Ladylee!

Cassi

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    We placed some food in the cage to lure it in during the night and had it rigged to close once he was in. (or she - we didn't check).

What? You didn't lift the tail to take a peek?

• JH
    JH

• kls
    kls

Actually as akid i had a pet skunk, thirty years ago you could by them from pet shops ( decented ) . They make great pet's.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Lady Lee,

How adorable! I've always wanted to pet a tamed skunk. I do think they're cute! What a gift to be able to experience that. (Without getting sprayed!)

Andi

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

The skunk was actually really cute and if he wasn't wild would have made a great pet. Love how they waddle when they walk too.

Notice I am at the brave one with the skunk and it is my male friend standing a fair distance away with the camera and the zoom lens!!!

And we knew his sprayer worked - he used it the night before.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

shotgun loaded with birdshot at a good safe distance.

• shamus
    shamus

Gun + Skunk = problem solved.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit