What is the safest way to kill (er...displace) a skunk?

by confusedjw 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

We see this damn skunk this time of year a lot when we drive into the yard.

Now the dog has gotten sprayed.

A man and his dog only want to go through this once.

Of course their is shooting (where is Mr. Heston when you need him?) the skunk, but is there another way to get rid of him (I believe it's a him as he sprayed standing up)

Hey FMZ when you are done with those cats.....................................

• FMZ
    FMZ

Hmm... Actually I believe you could get in touch with your local conservation department and they'll have someone come out and trap it. If you can't be arsed with this method, then just take a .22 to it. You'd have to be a good shot though, cause if you don't want to risk hitting the Stench Sack, a headshot would be the best way to go.

FMZ

• logical
    logical

SKunks are real? I always thought they were made up creatures in cartoons, like the Tazmanian Devil

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Logical - maybe you are right. He might have gotten sprayed by a snipe.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug
    A man and his dog only want to go through this once.

Don't worry about the dog getting sprayed again, they learn quick and will avoid skunks like the plague. Can't speak for the man however.

Your local vet will have ideas about taking the odor out of the dog, in fact it might be best to let her/him take care of the odor problem. No I don't mean doing in the dog, just cleaning the poor thing up. Bug

• Robdar
    Robdar
    SKunks are real? I always thought they were made up creatures in cartoons, like the Tazmanian Devil

Logi, I didn't know that they don't have pole cats in GB. *learns something new everyday* Robyn

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Don't be silly... a snipe can't spray you!

• Confucious
    Confucious

LOL,

This would make a good cartoon.

I think what you're supposed to do is spray paint the white strip black.

And then the skunk becomes a cat.

...at least that's what Pepi-la-pew did. ;-)

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

I say you 'borow' KLS's hornet's nest for a day... and introduce your skunk to it.

Actually... it may benefit both you and KLS. Your skunk will get chased by angry hornets... and the hornets will get a whiff of exotic 'skunk perfume'.

It sounds like a win/win situation to me.

Regards,

Jim TX

P.S. Either that, or 'call the sheriff' - like Country Girl recommends.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Jimbo said:

P.S. Either that, or 'call the sheriff' - like Country Girl recommends.

Jim the hornets is a great idea and this made me laugh out loud. Of course she would call the sheriff and I wish I had!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit