Dog got sprayed by a skunk

by confusedjw 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• FMZ
    FMZ

roflmao dude.... my cheeks hurt!

FMZ

• skittles4u
    skittles4u

Oh man that's horrible!! What is it with dogs and skunks?

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

OMG this is too funny! Good luck with the pooch, guess he won't mess with a skunk again.

Sherry

• gumby
    gumby
    Oh man that's horrible!! What is it with dogs and skunks?

They like them cuz they smell like "greenbud" Gumby

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

OMG, this is too funny!!! That's why Mozz and I have a wood fence - keeps the dogs in and the "others" out.

LOLOL!

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Another method, if this happens again.

Our dog did the same thing, while we were out camping. We made her stay outside. She didn't like it, but too bad.

Anyway another option which we have found out that works (if you can handle the smell) you leave the dog for 24 hours for its own skin oils to work out some of the skunk smell, and then you shampoo him. Works really well.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Gumbo said:

They like them cuz they smell like "greenbud"

um...what is greenbud? (is this a dumb question? Does everyone else know what greenbud is? I'm a dope.)

• kls
    kls

You can shampoo and tomatoe juice all you want but nothing will get rid of the smell except time. Two years both my dogs took a direct hit in the face, i tryed everything ,even calling the vet and was told only time will undo the stink. It is the most repugnent smell , when the dogs came near me i would dry heave and they would look at me like , what is wrong with you people , you would think i stink or something.

• Cassiline
    Cassiline
    um...what is greenbud? (is this a dumb question? Does everyone else know what greenbud is? I'm a dope.)

Pun intended?

Cassi

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    Just use good old fashioned tomatoe juice. It will work... dishsoap is useless.

Shamus is correct! This works and is non-toxic and harmless to the dog.

Frannie B

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit