Is Rug Doctor a Witness owned business?

by garybuss 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Evesapple
    Evesapple

That is funny you say that, my ex-husband was in the Rug Doctor business his brother owns a franchise up in Wisconsin, they are JW's of course

• Balsam
    Balsam

My ex-husband here in North Carolina works for RUG DOCTOR, and has been working for them now about 10 years. A JW Elder in the congregation back then got him working for him. Promised him all kinds of good pay only the ex later found out the guy lied to him.

Yes the Orginal company was owned by two JW brothers. One was disfellowshipped and started his own rug cleaning machine company that competes with rug doctor later on. The ex used to get these news letters from the president of the company (can't think of his name) with him sitting at his desk and all the WTS publication proudly seen behind him in vast book cases. Well the Rug Doctor company is as corrupt as any other big business. They hire people from all over but seem to prefer JW because they are so stupid and easily lead about and fooled. Funny my ex hates the Rug Doctor company but continues to work for it. He is afraid of looking for another job at 57. He figures he'll retire in 8 more years or so. Oh that is right he thinks the end is coming before that. LOL The machines do clean carpets good through, can say I've used them a bunch of times.

My ex-sister-in-law worked for Trimline also up in the NC mountains detailing cars for the dealerships. It allowed her to pioneer which she did for 10 years.

That tickles the heck out of me that Dan Hall got out of the business and the witnesses and is now working against them. Now that is cool.

Gosh what a trip down memory lane.

Balsam

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks, Balsam. That is very interesting. Yes, JWs make bad employers for the most part (there have been some good ones). I have heard so many stories how they rip off their employees.

Blondie

• jaredg
    jaredg

my dad worked for trimline. he made a lot of money.

• blondie
    blondie

jaredg, I have 2 comments to that:

a) he regular pioneered, right?

b) does he still have it or did he donate a chunk to the WTS?

Blondie

• jaredg
    jaredg

blonie

a) hell no

b) hell no...maybe he upped his monthly donation. the buisness here in NC started going down hill and my dad got out b/c there was no momey in it any more. he stated his own buisness afterward.

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Dan Hall is not only out but active in the anti-cult ministry. Lives in SF Bay area. Nice guy. Spoke to him not too long ago. He published a book called "The Armageddon Cult". Guess what it's about? Talks about TrimLine in the book. I remember one of the P.O.'s in our area was a TrimLine guy.

-BONEZZ

• minimus
    minimus

JWs love making a fast buck with little work. That way they can "pioneer".

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

If it's a Witness owned operation, wouldn't the woman using the machine in the picture need to be wearing a Sunday meeting clothes whilst she does her housework, or at least a frock of some sort, maybe a more casual skirt with a modest blouse?

• roybatty
    roybatty

I recall as a kid my dad was friends with the guy who (as I remember) started the Rug Doctor business (at least here in the Chicago-land area). He got screwed over in the business deal and started his own carpet cleaning machine & chemical business. His name was George Radenmacher. Nice got, got screwed over by so many JW's though. Very sad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit