Is Rug Doctor a Witness owned business?

by garybuss 30 Replies latest jw friends

• garybuss
    garybuss

Today I rented a Rug Doctor carpet shampooer. When my son was living at home and was a recent high school graduate he pioneered and worked part time for Rug Doctor. Most everybody that worked for them here were Witnesses. I never did know if the company was owned by a Witness.

I remember years ago a different young bunch of Witness pioneers worked for a company that pin stripped cars. I think that company was owned by Dan Hall. I may be wrong.

The Rug Doctor worked very well and did a nice job. The rent was only $20.00 for 24 hours. I have to pay a professional $100.00 to do the job I did today. I plan to use it again.

It seems like a Witness who owns a business has a ready labor pool. That alone is a huge key to success in business.

• freedom96
    freedom96

The striping company you mention was called Trimline, and had many franchises of it. Never met a Trimline guy that was not a witness.

Don't know about the Rug Doctor company.

Many, many automobile detailing, touch up companies owned by witnesses. Many are snakes too, so watch out.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Trimline! That was it. I think those kids made some pretty good money working for it. I worked in a bakery. I was really in the dough. One morning a woman called and asked if she came over if she could get bread. I said sure!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Wow... my dad did that business for awhile when I was a kid.

He was, and still is, totally sold on it's performance. He is as devoted to Rug Dr. as much as he is Jehover.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    The striping company you mention was called Trimline, and had many franchises of it. Never met a Trimline guy that was not a witness.

They seem to love "unskilled labour" type franchises.

alt

• RR
    RR

s
    R ent the Rug Doctor, the low-cost way to get professional carpet cleaning results at a do-it-yourself price. Rug Doctor is easy-to-rent, easy-to-use and conveniently located at most grocery, hardware, drug and home center stores.

? Extends Carpet Life
    ? Removes Deep-down dirt
    ? Beautifies Your Home
    ? Saves Money
    More Info
    Rental Locations

P urchase the Rug Doctor, an excellent investment to keep carpet cleaner for a healthier home environment. Now you can have the power and efficiency of
    a professional machine and save up to $300.00 when you purchase online.

Owning a Rug Doctor assures you professional quality results every time. Buy a Rug Doctor and save as much as $300 off the retail price!
    Home Use
    Commercial Use

Copyright © 1997-2004 Rug Doctor L.P. All rights reserved.
    Copying or other use is strictly prohibited.

• blondie
    blondie

I think Rug Doctor sells franchises to individuals. Some of them are JWs (2 that I know of) but I don't think the owner of the corporation is a JW.

Blondie

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Rug Doctor was connected with the City Overseer of Grand Rapids, Michigan many years back, and it makes you wonder if it was JW owned or owned by a JW. Melaluca is another company I wonder about.

Of course Dan Hall no longer owns Trimline and is also no longer a JW. As a matter of fact he has a very active anti-JW ministry in California. God bless him!

Outaservice (who never was in a cleaning business)

PS Hi-ya Gary

• garybuss
    garybuss

Oh, so a Witness can buy a franchise like a Burger King, and then just hire all JWs to work there . . . . okay. That makes sense.

Well, my rugs are clean:-) It did a good job:-)

(PS: I have no problem doing business with a Witness company:-)

• undercover
    undercover

I remember Trimline. I knew several guys that did that. I didn't know that it was a franchise thing and it was owned by JWs.

I remember something about a Rug Doctor franchise being owned by a JW locally. Everybody at the hall was trying to give him business. He was one of those guys where nothing ever panned out for him and everybody felt sorry for him. I remember my mom not trusting him and refusing to rent from him. Wish I knew the details on that.

What a trip down memory lane. I had completely forgotten about Trimline and all the JW guys that wanted to be in that business.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit