Simple Questions that Jehovah's Witnesses cannot readily answer...

by joenobody 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• joenobody
    joenobody

Some do not like to discuss doctrinal issues with Elders etc. when leaving the org or studying feeling inadequate.

I present for your consumption some very simple questions to ask that reveal motives and objectives to use in lieu of doctrinal debates. I have asked these many times and never get an answer. BTW I copied and pasted these from another post I made in another thread:

I would encourage people who think that the elders are rock-solid company men, to ask them the following questions:

1 - Do you have retirement savings (401K/RRSP)?

2 - Why do you save for retirement if the end of this system is right around the corner? Doesn't that show a lack of faith?

3 - Why isn't all of the literature published on the Internet if it is indeed life-saving material? Why publish printed magazines and other literature if electronic distribution would be cheaper for NA and Europe that have pervasive Internet access for the common man?

4 - If the publications are life-saving material passed down to God's Organization on earth from him, why would the WTS object to republication and vigourously defend their copyright?

These are very, very simple questions that have nothing at all to do with doctrine, and yet paint a pretty telling picture of what is actually going on.

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

Good questions!!

• sleepy
    sleepy

I must say that a lot of elders didn't save for retirement as they really believed the end was coming. They are really suffering for that now. Mabye more do so nowadays. As to the second 2 points of course the societies information should be everyware if its that important. It just so happens its in the domain were its least open to criticism.

• joenobody
    joenobody

I can attest that a significant number of elders I have asked in the last few years have sheepishly said "yes" they have retirement savings and contribute yearly (some in their late 30s and early 40s).

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

"knock knock"

"Good Morning. I have here an article about 'the future of our earth' that you might like to read ...?"

"No thanks. I already downloaded it from the internet ..."

This kind of scenario would put a lot of Watchtower slaves out of work -- and without purpose in a hurry ...

awwwwww ...

ESTEE

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

A JW "friend" of mine actually began selling such life insurance tax shelters. I asked the very question whether it bothered him to have to sell them on the false promise of reaping rewards 30-40 years from now and then meet them at the door the next Sat. and tell them the end is any day. He grinned and said that he might as well benefit from their wickedness. A life of duplicity, nothing else.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Here's a question that JWs have a hard time answering:

What do you think?

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

The Watchtower a couple of years ago did encourage family heads to have life insurance in case of death

• joenobody
    joenobody

Life insurance is a different matter Cheech. I am talking about that nest-egg for 20 or 30 years down the road.

I can guarantee that most of the single mothers struggling to get by aren't putting aside anything, but that most elders are. Wonder how many got screwed in 1975 thinking they'd never hit retirement in 2000? Cleaning toilets and washing windows isn't very kind to the knees and joints of your average septugenarian.

• joenobody
    joenobody

Estee is on the right track - no hardcopy publications = no donation money from the average dub.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit