WTS Damage Control

by Wolfy 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Wolfy
    Wolfy

The WTS is in damage control mode. The September 1st WT shows how paranoid the WTS has become. The 1st study article talks about Glorifying God "With One Mouth". We have to be careful to not stumble our brothers. The last two paragraphs are as follows..

18 When we act in this way, we follow the very finest example. Paul says: "Even the Christ did not please himself; but just as it is written:'The reproaches of those who were reproaching you have fallen upon me.' "Jesus was willing to sacrifice his life for us. Surely we are willing to sacrifice some of our rights if that will enable "those not strong" to glorify God in unity with us. Truly, displaying an accommodating and generous disoposition toward Christians having a weaker conscience-or voluntarily restricting our choices and not insisting upon our rights-demonstrates"the same mental attidude that Christ Jesus had."Romans 15:1-5

19 Although our views on matters where Scriptural principles are not involved may vary somewhat, in matter of worship, we act in complete unison (1 Corinthians 1:10) Such unity is evident, for instance, in our reaction to those who oppose true worship. God's Word calls such opposers strangers and warns us to beware of "the voice of strangers"(John 10:5) How can we identify such strangers? How should we react to them? These questions will be considered in the following article.

The next article is entitled Beware the Voice of Strangers.

So basically JW's should give up their rights to do or say things that are not scripturally dammed on the chance it may offend or stumble someone else. No using your brain. Just suspend all your reasoning abilties and become sheep.

The next article is even worse and I will post about it later.

Wolfy

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

30-40 years ago when I was being raised JW, the unified voice was an issue, too.

When I was a pre-teen, one of the worst things my mom said to me was "everything you say and do reflects on your (elder) father"; and I was a good kid. THAT is a tought load for a child to carry. The artcle you quoted reminds me of that.

By thinking and speaking with a "unified voice" not only is out independent thinking suppressed, but our freedom to question - and get solid answers - is squashed.

>>become sheep.<<

There was always the talk about sheep vs. goats. Sheep are easily lead, and they would use the example of a "Judas" goat to lead them.

Personally, I'd rather be a goat.

Brenda

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

The WTS is attempting to control more and more the R&F. They are frightened of the pedophile scandals, and what this will mean tothe financial empire they have amassed of the past 100-plus years.

More and more the look like Big Brother, and more and more the R&F will give up their right to disent.

LABD

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

I have noticed them stressing this recently, all of which goes pretty much ignored by everyone. Unless they start disfellowshipping for it, how many people will really pay any attention whatsoever?

Maybe it's leading up to something else, like they may ask people to give up a little more (like they haven't taken enough yet), something the WTS feels threatened by, like personal computers, the internet, something along these lines... but in reality, it's more likely they just want to keep drilling it in to people how powerless they should feel. Even if you have the right to do something, if somebody looks at you cross-eyed, be prepared to lose that right, it was never really yours to begin with.

They keep treating people like children, which is evidently what some people want and need, but once they grow up, they won't want it anymore. Before I ever realized anything about their lies, this was the thing I hated most about the JWs.

They're my rights, dammit, and I'm keeping 'em!

• garybuss
    garybuss

Is that the talk from the 2003 assemblies? If it is, it took a long time to make a Watchtower. I'd guess it's a refresher. Anyone know?

• Wolfy
    Wolfy

I will post some choice excerpts from the next study article. The article talks about apostates, the media and targeting the young JW's

Wolfy

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    restricting our choices and not insisting upon our rights-demonstrates"the same mental attidude that Christ Jesus had."Romans 15:1-5

Well that would certainly explain why the WTS spends so much time in court with cases having to do with their "rights".

Does this mean that when the WTS insists on the right to trespass on my property and harass me they are not demonstrating "the same mental attitude that Christ Jesus had"?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Is there any way anyone could scan a copy of that "Beware the voice of strangers" article?

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Looking forward to it Wolfy. If they start talking like this all the time they are going to scare off even more of their more "sane" members. Then they will be dealing with a large group of paranoid crazy people. Any with half a brain who are left in there will have to shut down and go into total denial. this group gets more pathetic all the time. I really feel for the nicer bunch of JWs who are still stuck in there by family, familiarity, etc.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

The Internet has made many well aware of who the WTBTS really are: Just another religion.

Much of that stuff goes in one ear and out the other; some of us just block it altogether.

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit