Opinions on a letter i am sending my family

by jaredg 80 Replies latest jw friends

• jaredg
    jaredg

hey guys....i got a reply from my dad. check it out.

Jared to help you to understand the true nature of the Watchtower Society, please allow this thought to permeate your view from now own; you are right they are not a prophet. The reason they are not a prophet is they are not inspired of God. All true prophets have always been inspired of God. They do not claim to be inspired of God, because they are not. Only the Pope and Son young Moon claim to be infallible. The fact is, on the flip side, they are not a false prophet either, because they are not prophet at all, neither false or true.

If you are expecting any earthly organization of human origin to never get anything wrong you are setting your standards too high. I want you to look up Eccl. 7:16. When one expects too much of himself and others he is setting himself up for grief. It causes desolation. What that means is you will be alone, desolate. You don?t need that kind of pain and sadness.

There is a big difference in being a ?faithful and discreet slave? and a prophet. Read Mattt. 24:44-51. Note there that during the time of the end there would definitely be a specific channel for food at the proper time. That ?faithful slave? would not be the originator of the food, he is only a servant, a waiter if you will, serving the food. He would however, in contrast to the ?wicked slave? that ?beats his fellow slaves?, including beating the ?faithful slave?, serve as the only channel of food ?at the proper time.? It is very important that we distance ourselves from ?that wicked slave?, and be able to properly answer Jesus? question, ?Who really is the faithful and discreet slave??

I will try to comment on the next paragraph in you 1 st letter later on this week. Thank you for your attention to these matters and your honesty. Keep in mind that in your 2 nd letter you mentioned that ?me?, (referring to yourself), ?you? (referring to me), and the ?WTS?, could be wrong. You did not mention that your ?advisors? could be wrong. They could be wrong too.

Love, Dad

so now i just have to find quotes from WTS literature where they claim to be a prophet/inspired by god. anybody want to help?

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Should they speak in God's name, and rest on their interpretations of God's word, and take on the power of life and death as God does when they decree that no blood should be taken, even though they are fallible men that are imperfect? Why are they assuming that because they are imperfect that they should render such life-altering decisions when they don't have the perfection of prophecy to do so?

Remember, Jared, that based on this fallibility they have taken God's job into their own hands: they have decreed that all who would take blood will lose their eternal inheritance and God's favor. For these false doctrines, thousands have died. What about all those who have put their lives upon the creed of this "fallible" (non)-prophet before 1980 or 1981 and not taken life-giving transplants because it was considered to be cannibalism? What of them? Doesn't the WT Society have blood upon its hands when it changes doctrine and decrees something opposite to whatever it said before, and people *die*? How could they, with a good conscience, bear such a burden?

What about all the people who served in prison for not going to war? Then the JWs turn around and say they can serve in a civilian capacity. Did they irreparably alter lives of individuals and their families? Did they turn around and apologize to these people who lost significant chunks of their precious lives? Did they compensate them for the lost time with their families? No.

What about all the women raped during the time periods when the Society said you should scream or you'd be "consenting." There's plenty of articles to back up *that* flip flop of doctrine. Were the women that were disfellowshipped for *not* screaming (because fear stopped them from being able to, which happens to me) invited back when the doctrine flipped back? Umm... no. Who knows? Maybe several suicides resulted from this. Who knows what went on...

They are content that the Rank And File accepts their "new" (or blinking) light, since they use the concept of new understanding. The people that were sacrificed at the altar of this heathen organization have the hope of a reserrection, after all, so what are ya'll getting all huffy about? Gee.. it was only the father that supported you, only the mother that succored you, brother, sister, grandparents, etc. Sick..

Country Girl

• jaredg
    jaredg

i hear you country girl. the WTS wants the authority of a prophet without the reposibility.

• undercover
  • jaredg
    jaredg

thanks!!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I've not read the whole thread.

My comments are just three:

Fristly, the generation doctrine has been extended to include a group of people with the same mental inclination, hence they haven't actually done away with it.

Secondly, anything over two to three pages is probably too long. They'll likely lose interest halfway through, brand you an apostate, and put it in the fire.

Thirdly, your comment about loving them wants to be the thing they remember most. It should be first, last, and liberally sprinkled within. Otherwise it'll be lost.

Great points you make though. So much ammunition, so little time...

Edited to add:Looks like I'm late with this reply - LOL>
    Eeeee awwwwww.

• Margie
    Margie

Jared,

Your letters have really touched me and I've been watching for your thread to see what your dad's response would be. You must feel very encouraged at his willingness to keep the lines of communication open even though you're telling him things that must be difficult for him to read. I really hope that you end up getting everything you're looking for out of your correspondence with him.

Now, if I may digress for a moment. Reading those quotes (thanks, Undercover) makes me think that the folks in the writing department need a dictionary. Their premise seems to be that they aren't prophets, they're merely the channel through whom God's will is expressed. I wonder what they think the word prophet means??

Regards,

Margie

• amac
    amac

Jared -

This is the first post of yours that I have read. Let me start by saying welcome and let me finish by saying WHAT A GREAT LETTER! And great responses from your father. It sounds like they truly do love you and want to do whatever they can to keep you part of their life. It seems like they are so close to seeing "the truth"...it really offers hope to people like me that maybe love CAN shine through the WTS bull$h%t teachings.

I look forward to reading more and using your letter for myself.

• jaredg
    jaredg

thanks everyone for the replies. i wrote my dad but forgot to svae it so i could post it here. in a nut sheel i told my dad that i disagreed with him and said that the WTS claims to be a prohet by definition without actually calling themselves one. then i posted the following quotes. afterward i asked him to explain to me how the WTS is not claiming to be a prophet.

*** w79 9/1 p. 29 The Royal ?Shepherd? of Bible Prophecy ***

Unlike the clergy class, those of the Jeremiah class have been sent by Jehovah to speak in his name? ? True, the Jeremiah class back up their message by quoting the words, ?This is what Jehovah has said.?

*** w79 11/1 p. 25 Divine Judgment Against the False Prophets of Christendom ***

. Whom, then, did Jehovah send and who are the ones that speak in his name, Christendom?s clergy who prophesy oppositely, or the Jeremiah class of today? Future events will identify the truthtellers.

*** w56 8/1 p. 463 Jehovah?s Message Against Gog of Magog ***

As Ezekiel was merely the spokesman used by God, so also are those today who are privileged to speak in the name of Jehovah as his message-bearing witnesses.

*** kj chap. 4 p. 66 Commissioned to Speak in the Divine Name ***

24 Why, though, are all these facts of history brought to our attention? It is to show the fulfillment of prophecy. Jehovah has found and commissioned his modern-day ?Ezekiel.? It is a composite Ezekiel. It is composed of those dedicated, baptized proclaimers of God?s kingdom, who have been anointed with His spirit for their work. (Isaiah 61:1-3) It is manifest that in the year 1919 the invisible heavenly organization of Jehovah, like the celestial chariot seen in Ezekiel?s vision, rolled up and stopped, not before Christendom?s advocates of the League of Nations, but before the anointed proclaimers of the heavenly kingdom of God in the hands of Jesus Christ. From atop this celestial chariotlike organization Jehovah commissioned this dedicated, baptized, anointed class of servants to speak to all the nations in His name. Thus, like Ezekiel, they became Jehovah?s witnesses.

*** w55 5/15 p. 305 Jehovah?s Channel of Communication ***

. Thus Jehovah?s earthly channel of communication is identified. The earthly channel is either a prophet or a collective prophetlike organization.

*** w55 5/15 p. 314 Christian Channel of Communication ***

20 What of Jehovah?s Christian channel of communication today? Which of the hundreds of sects and denominations of those who claim to be Christian is Jehovah?s spokesman today in the earth as his divinely appointed and organized channel of communication? ??Only the remnant of Jehovah?s anointed witnesses.?1 John

*** w56 8/1 p. 467 Delivering Satan?s Death Notice ***

AS THE previous article stated, Jehovah?s witnesses, of all people, are the ones commissioned by God to deliver his special message just prior to this world?s end. The message is one of doom directed against Gog of Magog, that is, Satan the Devil, and against his allies. And there are very good reasons why Jehovah God in these ?last days? passed over all others and chose what at the time was a small and obscure group of people to speak in his name and by his authority as his witnesses. Whom else can God trust to speak for him?

*** w56 1/1 p. 32 Announcements ***

. What a privilege to be serving with Jehovah?s channel of communication and to have the joy and pleasure of inviting others to receive the water of life!

*** w57 6/15 p. 370 Overseers of Jehovah?s People ***

7 Let us now unmistakably identify Jehovah?s channel of communication for our day, that we may continue in his favor. ??..It is vital that we appreciate this fact and respond to the directions of the ?slave? as we would to the voice of God, because it is His provision.

*** w58 2/1 p. 79 Cultivate a Good Mental Disposition ***

We must always remember that we learn the truth from Jehovah?s channel of communication, the ?faithful and discreet slave? class. (Matt. 24:45-47) We receive of his spirit by our continued association with his channel.

• jaredg
    jaredg

ok guys here was the last letter that i sent my Dad

Dad,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit