What is WT position on UFOs?

by badboy 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
  • Ardvarks
    Ardvarks

UFOs ARE ACTUALLY BRANCH OFFICES!

They can only be accessed by a gigantic bean stalk...

Ardvarks

• blobby
    blobby

Nos,

Your link looks interesting but there's no pictures !

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

One UFO school of thought (not the Witnesses) is that there are actually two type of alien/UFO encounters. The beneficent contact types, and the evil experimenter/probe up the butt type. These two groups are in conflict, and we humans are caught in the middle of the struggle. Early human encounters were interpreted as contact with supernatural beings, hence our "angels/demons" lore and legend.

Actually does kinda sound about 2 and a half steps different than the WTS doctrine of humans in the middle of a Universal issue involving God's right to rule being challenged by Satan.

Myself, I believe that if there is Alien intelligence out there, it would remain intelligent only if it refrains contact with Earth humanity.....

• El blanko
    El blanko

Satan may have a good sense of fashion and time - it's weird that the 1950s UFO encounters looked like B-movie saucepans and then in recent times, slick images with beautiful light displays. Either Adobe PS has a lot to do with it or they are simply military craft (it's possible), visitors from other planets (not sure), naughty spirits mucking around (possible).

I have three friends who have witnessed UFOs, and know of another (a JW who refuses to talk about it).

When I was a serving JW I simply blanked the phenomenon and placed the blame on Satan's shoulders. To be honest, as far as I am concerned, it's as likely an explanation as any other. Without hard evidence who can say for sure?

The contemporary boom in interest can partially be explained by the crumbling spine of religion within society and our origin becoming uncertain once more. The idea of alien races is nothing particularly new, yet helps mankind to again grasp on to a mental security blanket.

Personally, I do not believe that another physical race of beings comes to the earth to inspect and observe our development. How boring and predictable is mankind.

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

I'm not sure what UFO's actually are, as I've seen some odd things which I couldn't explain scientifically (for example, the Marfa Lights.....documented for over 100 years, seen them myself, watched them for a good long time, and I can't figure out WHAT the heck they are).

The old view defined the basic unit of life as a cell, and therefore that the development of life was a "very unlikely miracle". The problem with this is that the things we associate with "life" are displayed by simpler units than cells, such as DNA and RNA. And these form spontaneously. The current view is more like, "Life is something which develops wherever conditions allow it". Microfossils in the rocks indicate that life appeared on THIS planet almost as soon as she was cool enough for liquid water to exist on the surface. Given the number of other stars existing in the Universe, it just seems that, without doubt, at least SOME of those stars have planets with favorable conditions for life. Statistically, the probability is vanishingly small that there is NOT life elsewhere, or phrased another way, staggeringly large that life DOES exist elsewhere. In a universe so large, at least some of those life forms might be expected to display intelligence, perhaps some greater than our own.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit