What is WT position on UFOs?

by badboy 15 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

Anyone know?

• Sirona
    Sirona

Yeah,

I remember a watchtower or awake which said that we shouldn't be mislead by talk of UFO's because there's a chance its the demons trying to mislead us into thinking there is life on other planets.

I remember this because I was preaching to a UFO believer who just said "oh well THAT's convenient isn't it? just blame UFO's on demons!!"

Sirona

• badboy
    badboy

Many sightings may have been stealth aircraft.

• badboy
    badboy

WHY DO I APPEAR AS A GUEST WHEN I CAN POST,PLEASE EXPLAIN SOMEBODY

• Sirona
    Sirona

Badboy,

You don't have to friggin SHOUT about it. Gawd. Hows about staying on topic and putting this query into tech support or sommat?

Sirona

• RR
    RR
    What is WT position on UFOs?

That the Governing Body are actually aliens experimenting on humanity.

RR

• Mary
    Mary

LOL @ RR!!

As far as I know, they're pretty vague on UFO's, just like they are about dinosaurs. When all else fails though, it's a safe bet to blame it on the demons trying to "mislead" everyone.

I don't know what the big deal is about life on other planets...........there's a great big universe out there and for us to think we're the only one with life on it is equal to the Church's dogmatic belief in the Dark Ages that the earth was the center of the universe.

• RR
    RR

You know Mary, I use to think there were aliens,but have had second thoughts. What would God create life on other planets and then let them come to our world and screw with our heads?

RR

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Why does God do anything? Really... does the whole Adam and Eve thing make any sense, either? Alot of things don't make sense, if the Bible is to be believed entirely, literally, in its whole. Since life on other planets can't be proved, or disproved, there's really nothing to say about it, except for speculation.

My JW relative doesn't say it does exist, nor does she say it doesn't. She just doesn't know since the Bible does not address that issue, particularly and specifically. I have a tendency to think that we're not the only ones floating around on a planet in space, but that's just my personal opinion.

I'm a ghost hunter, and while I do believe that some sort of energy exists that we can't qualify, technically, at this point, I am not sure if it's *ghosts* per se, or if it's just some sort of intelligent energy. I just don't know. I think at this point, we are all just not sure, since we don't have the technology ascertain the aspects of this energy. Could be departed souls, could be just residual energy leftovers, or could just be created by the energy of people's vivid imaginations. I just don't know.

But I kinda like that part.. the "I just don't know" cuz it leaves so much room for fun theories.

Country Girl

• JH
    JH

Aren't angels UFO's????

well, they fly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit