Wanted: Cheap housing, warm weather and part time work

by Leander 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Soledad
    Soledad

hey Leander drop me a line when you find what you are looking for. I want to leave NYC too!!

and the weather doesn't have to be warm!! for a while I was considering Las Vegas, but now I'm not so sure

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa
    Any suggestions? Where can I find a nice warm state all year around, where the cost of living is low and jobs are available?

How about where I am I'm thinking of moving, just outside...

Austin, Texas

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug
    This could be the golden opportunity for me to help my wife escape from the WTS. Without her family in the picture who knows what might happen?

Try the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. I suspect you will be able to find job and there are a number of ex witnesses there who would be a great support group for your wife. Bug

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Good choice, Lisa Bobeesa! I'm outside of Austin, too. Love it here! Nice weather year round, plentiful jobs, and the price of homes has come down in large measure.

Coincidentally, a very beautiful little town has your name written all over it Leander... Leander, Texas. Right outside of Austin, Texas. Hehhehe...

Country Girl

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo
    where the weather is warm, jobs are plentiful and the cost of living is cheaper.

It sounds like a dream place to me. I would love to recommend San Francisco Bay Area, but cost of living is not cheap. But the weather is warm, and jobs are OK depending what kind of jobs you are looking for.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

If you can take the humidity along with the heat, come to Charlotte County, Florida!!!

There are jobs here, low cost of living and cheap housing. Welcome!

DY

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

No, not Mexico! High crime rate, plus you'd have to learn another language. Definitely not Mexico, unless for vacationing in their awesome resorts!

DY

• TD
    TD

Affordable housing, warm weather and employment opportunity sounds like a good discription of the Las Vegas or Phoenix areas. Of course the traffic in Phoenix is terrible and the weather in both cities is beyond warm in the summers....

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Leander TX, eh? I was thinking about Marble Falls because my mom moved there......what do you know about Marble Falls? (fishing for info.......)

I love the San Fransico Bay Area, but I will never be able to own a home here. I would never leave here if I had a house. But it aint gonna happen.

-LisaBobeesa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit