Wanted: Cheap housing, warm weather and part time work

by Leander 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Leander
    Leander

Well I think I finally have had enough of Chicago. Sitting in traffic today for 2 hours just trying to get to work made me realize I'm wasting my time and my life doing things I hate. So I've decided to look for a new home where the weather is warm, jobs are plentiful and the cost of living is cheaper. I've finally made peace with my wife so I guess its time that I make peace with myself.

Any suggestions? Where can I find a nice warm state all year around, where the cost of living is low and jobs are available? I initially looked at Oklahoma but the tornadoes scared me away. I'm kind of considering Texas but I'm still doing research on other areas as well.

• observer
    observer

Cuba?

• minimus
    minimus

Leander, how did you make peace with your wife? Are you now separated?? Try not getting back to your thread 2 weeks from now, willya?

• Leander
    Leander

hah, good one

actually now that I think about it, Iraq probably has unbeatable bargains on cheap real estate right now

• RR
    RR

Bethel

• Leander
    Leander

Hey whats up Minimus? The wife and I are still together, it was tough at first talking out our issues. But in the end everything eventually worked out well. We both have agreed that the unholy commute time in Chicago was'nt worth it anymore so we're looking to move out of the state for the first time. This could be the golden opportunity for me to help my wife escape from the WTS. Without her family in the picture who knows what might happen?

How are things working out on your end?

• Leander
    Leander

As scary as it sounds at one time I actually wanted to go to Bethel.

Excuse me a moment while I go drown out those memories with beer

• RR
    RR

When I became a WItness, they tried to get me into Bethel. I said, "hey, I just got out of the military." I should have gone, I would have cleaned them out. Imagine what I could make on ebay???

RR

• simplesally
    simplesally

I was going to say Mexico, but someone suggested Cuba............ same thing except no jobs there either.

I heard that Seattle and Portland are good. California is great except the cost of living is high but we are used to it, depends on what you do for a living I suppose.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Take a look at s/w Idaho.

Cost of living is low and the job picture is not too bad.

Especially if you are into electronics.

s/w Idaho is spoken of as the BANANA BELT.

Though I have yet to see a banana tree.

Outoftheorg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit