What Was The Attitude Toward Men, Women , Children & Elderly In Your Hall?

by minimus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Shamus, if it were not for a few of your types that kept an eye on the elderly and provided assistance, no one would help them. You can't such deserving ones while you're pioneering----gotta get your time in! I was in a congregation years ago that prided irself in pioneering for a day, week, month and eternity. Forgetabout anything else. The Circuit Overseer loved us! our Hall was always on the assembly parts.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

When I was a kid every parent beat their kids in: their seats, bathroom, hallway, and side room (very often). Now it happens more rarely

• Soledad
    Soledad
    These lonley ones rarley get visited and are expected to make it to every meeting and service but they are rarley visited or included in social gatherings.

that describes me and my family

• ESTEE
    ESTEE
    Children were supposed to be perfect or they needed a beating. Elderly were okay as long as they pioneered and didn't complain much. Women were only tolerated if they kept their pretty lil mouths shut and minded the elders and husbands.

Flyin' said it all ...

'cept that I fell into the Jezebel category ...

ESTEE

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Children were supposed to be perfect or they needed a beating. Elderly were okay as long as they pioneered and didn't complain much. Women were only tolerated if they kept their pretty lil mouths shut and minded the elders and husbands.

Flyin' said it all ...

'cept that I fell into the Jezebel category ...

ESTEE

I think pretty much that I fell into that category because I wasn't afraid to respectfully tell the elders what I thought. That Jezebel thing was just a way for the gov bod and elders to try to manipulate us women into keeping out pretty lil mouths shut.

Flyin'

• shamus
    shamus
    Shamus, if it were not for a few of your types that kept an eye on the elderly and provided assistance, no one would help them. You can't such deserving ones while you're pioneering----gotta get your time in! I was in a congregation years ago that prided irself in pioneering for a day, week, month and eternity. Forgetabout anything else. The Circuit Overseer loved us! our Hall was always on the assembly parts

I pioneered while doing that. It was nothing but 1 hour out of my week. There is no excuse for neglecting the elderly.

• Mac
    Mac

Um....

Some of the children and elderly smelled funny...

so it was best to get there early to procure select seats near the other men and women!!!!!!!!

mac

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Some of the children and elderly smelled funny...

Some of the men and women did, too.

Flyin'

• Mac
    Mac
    Some of the men and women did, too.

Oh yeah...

that's the real reason i qut attending assemblies....lol!!!!!!

mac

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Minimus:

You raised a very sore point with me. I was the oldest girl of four boys, and I was ALLOWED to raise these little monsters, who never grew up. Because of their sorry raising: one of them is a jw, who is dying from a disease that a blood transfusion could have helped; nother is schizophrenic, not helped along by a sister that accused him of making all the phone calls when she made some herself; another is angry that his Mother doesn't love him <hell, she doesn't LOVE any of us.. she only loves her religion>

I was treated in my congregation like the pariah. I was carrying more on my shoulders at 15, than most men carried on their shoulders their whole life. I was patronized. It was sick. I stopped being part of the game.

Then they say i can't prophesy? They wanted me to go out and preach the good news, and called me a minister, but I can't minister in my own church? WRONG.

Country Girl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit