What Was The Attitude Toward Men, Women , Children & Elderly In Your Hall?

by minimus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Please PM me again with your pertinent info to get in touch with you Frank.

• minimus
    minimus

Many kids were not recognized UNLESS they were baptized. I was baptized at 9 years of age. From that point I was an "ordained minister".

• minimus
    minimus

I guess, this isn't one of my better questions.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Wife got counciled for having an ankle bracelet....... Prince can wear his hair long!?!

• shamus
    shamus
    We had some interesting views toward these groups. We had a number of intelligent strong minded sisters in our congregation. They were "in subjection" to the elders. But they would voice their opinions. The elders viewed kids as pain in the butt. They were not very understanding toward families. We had a number of older ones that regularly complained that they weren't visited enough. If you were "just" a Ministerial Servant, you were considered somewhat 2nd class.

Pretty much how all the 'halls' that I had been in were like... with the exception of children. They were beaten. Taken to the bathroom and beaten.

Some older women who were widowed were so kind... but they were sad too. It just seemed like they were tired and unhappy. Certainly not bitter, but not like older people in 'the world'. I wouldn't say it was a bad thing.

Some older women were left alone, and had no visitors. It was truly sad. One woman I would drive to the grocery store every week, because she was widowed and had no way to get there. Poor little thing, but she was a stubborn old thing too. She took my rides, and had me over for tea probably once every two weeks. She would serve nice home-made desserts, and would talk for hours. She was a very kind woman, whom I shall never forget.

She died and although some of my 'old' friends had my phone number, nobody called to tell me the news. I will never forget those bastards for doing that. Sure, I lived a ways away, but I would have come up for the memorial, of course!

But therein lies the true meaning of how they treated people. Nobody gave a dam how she got her groceries, despite being in her late 80's! So she would WALK to the store!!!

I have a lot of hard feelings as to what happened, but will leave it at that.

• gumby
    gumby

Men were looked at as men, women were viewed as women, and kids were viewed as kids.

How'd I do?

Gumby

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Men were looked at as men, women were viewed as women, and kids were viewed as kids.

How'd I do?

Gumby

You blew it you gummy baster.

Flyin'

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Children were supposed to be perfect or they needed a beating.

Elderly were okay as long as they pioneered and didn't complain much.

Women were only tolerated if they kept their pretty lil mouths shut and minded the elders and husbands.

This was my last congo anyway. And I do mean last.

Flyin'

• micheal
    micheal
    Unless you're part of a popular couple or a single pioneer, there are alot of lonley jehovah's witnesses and I mean alot.

These lonley ones rarley get visited and are expected to make it to every meeting and service but they are rarley visited or included in social gatherings.

Wow that happend in my congregation as well. I can't believe it.

• shamus
    shamus
    Wow that happend in my congregation as well. I can't believe it.

See? We don't just talk sh*t here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit